PDA

View Full Version : A little help on tournys

pokerheaven
10-27-2003, 12:53 AM
I have a question... I do very well in satellites and multi-tbls with few ppl in them say less then 150 or so but when it comes to big multi-tbl tournys i seem to fade out as if it seems i get cold cards and almost blind out every time which i know isn't the case everytime. I don't know what i am missing. Is there something that i should "step up" for the long run. Any input would be very helpful. I have to say that is the weakest part of my game. Pretty much it seems like on the online tournys anything longer then about 2.5 hrs i start on a downslide. Thx all for your help

crockpot
10-27-2003, 02:06 AM
i would say there's a good chance you're just running bad on these tourneys. also remember that it is a lot harder to make it to the money when you need to outlast four times as many people.

i personally don't like the idea of sitting at a computer screen for six straight hours anyway. party should just cap all their tourneys at 500 people and schedule three times as many of them.

CrackerZack
10-27-2003, 09:51 AM
Short term luck in tourneys is ridiculous. When you have a large field, the winner is usually the luckiest, not the best player. One way to mitigate this is look for tourneys with long times at the same levels. Do you play to make teh money or to win the thing? If you're playing to win, play LAG early (not right off, but after the wackos have left) and accumulate chips or get knocked out. That way you put yourself in a position to win decent money or you stop wasting your time.