PDA

View Full Version : What did they have? And how did they play?

ThingDo
10-26-2003, 09:01 PM
I wasn't in this hand, but I was watching while it happened and I'd like to know what you guys think on each players play.

Tourney is a 200+15 NL Holdem Top 80 Make money, there are 110 players left and the Chip leader is way ahead of the pack with T45121. Avg stack is about 14k or so. The chip leader in this hand is in the SB. As I wasn't at the tourney assume the players had no reads on each other. Blinds are 300/600. The BB in this hand has about 10k or so and the MP limper has about 14k

One MP limper folded to the chip leader in the SB who completes. BB checks

Flop comes 8TJ Hearts.

BB Bets 2k MP raises to 6k and chip leader raises to TK. BB folds and LP Player moves all in. Chip leader calls.

What did they have? Results and thoughts on how they played the hand in a later post.

ThingDo
10-26-2003, 09:52 PM
Well that didnt work... Chip leader has 97 of spades and MP has 23h... how did they do?

Stagemusic
10-27-2003, 09:14 AM
Chip leaders completion for 1/2 a bet more with middle suited cards isn't really too terrible. MP limping with the low cards won't win many hands overall so I don't like that bet as much. Once the flop came and they had a straight and a flush respectively I like the MP play better than the Leaders. With such a coordinated board it looked like the leader was betting to just move the MP off his hand. The Leader had too many outs against him after the flop including a higher straight and, of course, the flush. IMO not really very good on either part. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

trillig
10-27-2003, 11:51 AM
MP w/2h3h is just a suck out... horrible starter .
79s is not that great but hey he sees flop cheap.

I have lost so many times with Kx suited to Ax suited flush that I have to laugh at 23s playing maniacs.

Earlier I beat up on low flush drawers in Omaha. I wiped whole table at least once.

-t

Prickly Pete
10-27-2003, 12:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
low flush drawers in Omaha

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not much of an Omaha player, but this is one surefire way to lose a lot of money.