PDA

View Full Version : Colorado rake

rkiray
10-26-2003, 05:40 PM
I haven't played in Blackhawk since The Lodge raised their rake. I have some out of town visitors coming in next weekend and they want to play poker. Is the Lodge still taking up to $7/pot from 5/5. Is Mountain High still taking a max of $4? How often does Mountain High get 5/5 games going on Friday nights or Saturday afternoons? Will Halloween matter (we haven't decided when we are going yet). Anything else changed up there the last few months?

Czech_Razor
10-27-2003, 01:49 PM
Sorry I don't know the answer to your question, but I was hoping you might have one for mine: Is the hold 'em structure at Blackhawk the same as at Cripple--either 2-5 spread with a single blind, or a plain 5/5? Thanks.

rkiray
10-28-2003, 04:09 PM
Yes, I'm kind of wondering if the higher rake is keeping people away. I can't remember the last time someone posted a hand from CO live game.

oddjob
10-28-2003, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I'm kind of wondering if the higher rake is keeping people away. I can't remember the last time someone posted a hand from CO live game.

[/ QUOTE ]

it doesn't look like the larger rake is really keeping people away on the weekends. seems as crazy as always. i believe they will have at least 1-5/5 game across the street but i can't tell you for sure. they seem to have 1 running on weekdays when i go up there everynow and again

rharless
10-28-2003, 06:02 PM
Higher rake hasn't kept anyone away. They are still packed to the gills. Colorado players, particularly the 5-5 ones, are rake-apathetic. All they care about is that all three bad beats are $100k+. I haven't heard even one person complain about the rake.

Lack of CO 2-5 posts on small stakes are random coincidence more than anything else. Mountain High has even added a table. They usually have just one 5-5 game, I think.

Oblivious
10-29-2003, 01:31 AM
I knew the rake was going up, but i thought i read on the rules board at the lodge that colorado law set a max rake at $5.

oddjob
10-29-2003, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I knew the rake was going up, but i thought i read on the rules board at the lodge that colorado law set a max rake at $5.

[/ QUOTE ]

yah, there's $5 rake and $2 for the jackpot

i think they take the 4th and 5th dollar of the rake at over $100, which in a 5/5 is often from what i hear. in a 2/5 it's almost never.

rkiray
10-30-2003, 07:11 PM
The last time I played there was the day after they raised the rake. Here is the schedule for taking money from the pot as I remember it.

pot size :

> $10 $1 rake
> $20 $1 rake
> $30 $1 rake
> $40 $1 jackpot
> $50 $1 jackpot
> $60 $1 rake
> $150 $1 rake

So in the 5/5 game they basically always take $6 and often take $7.

MrGrob
10-30-2003, 11:06 PM
So where is the best place to play in CO now? Parent live there, and I have only play at Criple...where would you go for the bast games?

J.R.
10-31-2003, 01:49 PM
Party

rharless
10-31-2003, 02:39 PM
To make the most money, you will do better playing online.

If you just want to get out and enjoy some live poker, the Lodge is the #1 room in town. If the wait is too long there, Mountain High across the street has a room about half the size. Then Harvey's up in Central city offers a few tables, but is easily last on the list in terms of action.