PDA

View Full Version : Yankee Requiem?

Zeno
10-26-2003, 03:52 PM
Prelude: My sister gave me the Soundtrack for the movie "Immortal Beloved"(I never saw it), which is about the "love life" of Beethoven. The CD is very good and is more or less a "Best of Beethoven”.

Point: I do not believe in omens, but others do, so I will continue.

During most baseball games I have the mute on and I sometimes listen to music or read while the game is belching from the TV screen in vivid colors. I just happened to be listening to the above-mentioned soundtrack during game 6 of the WS.

As the bottom of the ninth started and the Yankees were in the death grip of Beckett and the Marlins, as the batters went out 1, 2, 3, as Posada charged up the first base line in the last vain attempt of the Yankees, after his drooling hit toward the mound, as the Marlins charged the field in celebration, and has the Yankee fans watched in bewilderment: Ode to Joy was lofting through the speakers and casting a dreamy mist about my apartment.

These are the facts. I state them plain and simple. Draw your own conclusions.

-Zeno

andyfox
10-27-2003, 12:38 AM
Immortal Beloved is almost worth seeing for Gary Oldman's performance, so long as you ignore the ludicrous script and its contention of who Beethoven's Immortal Beloved actually was.