PDA

View Full Version : Party big bet - How do you reload.

dogsballs
10-26-2003, 03:21 PM
Without skipping any hands. I always am forced to sit out a hand if I go all-in and lose. How do you get more chips without being forced to sit out the following hand?

dogs

crockpot
10-26-2003, 03:23 PM
How do you get more chips without being forced to sit out the following hand?

by playing at stars or ub.

Cyndie
10-26-2003, 08:53 PM
If you are willing to buy more chips whether you win or lose the pot, it shouldn't be a problem. You just get the message that says your additional chips will be added for the next hand.

Do UB and Stars allow you to buy chips and not get them if you win the hand? or do they give you enough time to buy chips between hands? I didn't think they did.

Am I missing something?

I have noticed lately that Party occasionally holds chips back for an extra hand and I get the message about chips next hand two times! It hasn't been a problem, because I usually rebuy to have plenty of chips on the table, not short stacked, but I have wondered if I would be sat out if I had run out of chips.

Not as important in stud, with antes as it is in flop games where you pay for your whole round of hands with the blinds.

lorinda
10-26-2003, 09:13 PM
Dogs...on Party, the simple answer is... you don't, the system is crap.

If you are willing to buy more chips whether you win or lose the pot, it shouldn't be a problem. You just get the message that says your additional chips will be added for the next hand.

If you are happy to try and top up each hand just in case, then sure, it is no problem.

With three tables on the go at once however, it can become a nuisance, and also it is incredibly slow on Party so you might not manage it in time anyway.

Do UB and Stars allow you to buy chips and not get them if you win the hand? or do they give you enough time to buy chips between hands? I didn't think they did.

UB allows time, and also calculates top ups for you.
Stars just does the latter.

Am I missing something?

I'm trying to be polite, please don't try to make me say something I'll regret.

It hasn't been a problem, because I usually rebuy to have plenty of chips on the table, not short stacked, but I have wondered if I would be sat out if I had run out of chips.

You will be.
In No limit it is hard to have 'enough' chips.

Not as important in stud, with antes as it is in flop games where you pay for your whole round of hands with the blinds.

In no-limit you might lose it in one hand, the question was about no-limit.

Thanks

P.S. You still haven't answered about why BigBet can't ask to see ID BEFORE taking my money rather than afterwards when I want to cash out.

Lori

Cyndie
10-26-2003, 11:45 PM
Thanks, I wasn't thinking about getting topped up to the limit of the buy in in no limit...so Party doesn't allow you to top off, because you don't know how many chips to buy...or at least Party doesn't know how to figure it.

I know it is annoying to want to buy chips at some limit games...Absolute won't let you purchase chips in the middle of the hand ...you have to wait out a hand, and if you aren't careful, and go all-in...you have to leave the table and come back in...now how is that for encouraging the fish to leave the table instead of rebuying?

Delta, and at least old Planet software made you sit out a whole hand anytime you wanted more chips. I really don't know of any site that actually puts the chips in front of you and says here have some more! That would be my preferred method of encouraging busted players to buy chips.

Oh, and thanks...need to get in touch with people about that policy change! It is terrible! Kind of like bait and switch. Here, they say, send me money, then we will tell you about the hoops you jump through to get it back!

and you were polite, I can just see the tooth marks you are making in your tongue /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Graham
10-27-2003, 11:22 AM
I know 24hpoker has a wait of seven seconds before the next hand if any player busts, specifically for reloads. I like this and wish the other sites would follow. UB does something similar I think.

G