PDA

View Full Version : Live games

09-16-2001, 05:21 AM
After going almost two months playing only online, I ventured out for a live game tonight. I found myself extremely bored and a bit impatient. I always thought online games were a bit faster, but I now notice it is MUCH faster. I went to Mirage so at least it is smoke free, but I notice I really don't miss the banter about what shows to go see or how much Bush needs to bomb people...better staying home and listening to whatever. And of course not have to tip is another benefit, if you are trying to win money. All in all I felt so disappointed in the experience, even though I have spent countless hours playing in cardrooms I have to say I probably will rarely patronize them much anymore. So boring, so slow, so just ugh. I wonder if all these people that write about how they found poker online and want to try their first live game are feeling. Yes it is a totally different game, but I guess like many things it is easy to get addicted to the speed and ease of online games. And this doesn't even consider how much easier it is to take a beat online. Tonight I took a pretty bad beat on a hand and had to listen to half the table tell the guy how much he deserved it since he had been losing. I mean I don't get upset, but that certainly was something I could have done without.

09-16-2001, 02:49 PM
since there ain't no games to bet....seriously, you cannot believe the speed difference between omaha 8 live and online...gl..

09-16-2001, 09:33 PM
Nah, this is actually quietest time of the year for me betting anyways I stay away from bases and football isn't even a third the commitment that bases is. Just was in the Mirage visiting with friends and played a little 10-20 holdem. You would think its a decent limit so you get rid of most first timers and have a couple decent players so the game should go faster. Still just seems so slow. I can't even fathom the thought of playing omaha, that would suck after playing it online. Its a personal thing, I know a lot of people like the social aspect of live games and some feel its better for its tells and "feel", but I just question the theory of using online cardrooms to attract new players to a live room. Yeah you will get some customers to try it occasionally, but I doubt too many of them will be converted to consistent regulars. The games are much different and I think the speed plays a big role in it.

09-17-2001, 07:41 AM
going to happen to mariners over 109..all season props off..gl...

09-17-2001, 09:46 PM
Unlike a sports book, this bet was made with my buddy and we didn't put no stinkin 160 game minimum in there. Besides looks very likely they will play close to 162 anyways all around with the extra week thrown in. I have to say if a team plays 159 and you had the correct call that would suck, but hey its a rule and you have to live with it. I did make other season win bets that could be affected, but I am running 2-2 with them so no big difference either way.

09-18-2001, 08:13 AM
nt