PDA

View Full Version : Correct hand for a last stand?

chesspain
10-26-2003, 10:57 AM
$40 NLHE home tourney...32 enter--24 remain...we've just consolidated tables, and I am the severe short stack with approx. T275; everyone else appears to be at T1000 or higher. The blinds are 50/100, and will be going up again in about fifteen minutes, if I survive that long.

I'm in the CO+1, and see K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

It's folded to me, I raise all-in...the CO, button, and SB call. Given my precarious situation in the tournament, did I make the right play?

MrBlini
10-26-2003, 11:27 AM
How many are at your table?

chesspain
10-26-2003, 11:59 AM
Eight were at the table.

sawil
10-26-2003, 03:59 PM
In my opinion, in your situation of being short stacked and your position, I think its is an obvious all in hand with the hope of everyone folding to you. If not, I think you still have a solid hand that will see it to the river

trillig
10-27-2003, 12:14 PM
Yeah you are in sad shape, KQs is a decent play for ALL-IN there.

If you get knocked out... You can go home early! 8)

-t

chesspain
10-27-2003, 07:24 PM
I did get busted out on this hand. I think the board read something like AA88J--confirming that it was, at least for me, "The Dead Man's Hand."

P.S. I made back most of my entry and rebuy money playing in a wild 4/8 game in the hours afterwards. So overall, a pretty good night. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sarge85
10-27-2003, 07:31 PM
Yeah this is a good "last hand" stand.

It's too bad you have too few chips to scare people out. It's almost an autocall with so few chips on the line and you on the rail.

If it was possible, I'd move all in with a large ammount earlier on. (I realize you may have got beat and this is what you ended up with after the beat)

Sarge /images/graemlins/diamond.gif