PDA

View Full Version : Handle Chips like a Pro.

09-15-2001, 07:11 PM
Hi All.

I was wondering where I could learn to handle the chips like I see the big ones do?? It looks very cool!

Thanks,

Daniel

09-15-2001, 11:46 PM
[] Start with a stack of 6 chips. Separate them into two stacks of 3 in a line directly away from yourself. Put your thumb behind the one stack and you middle two fingers directly across on the other stack, like a bowling ball. When you squeeze gently, nothing should happen. Use your index finger go gently lift the center of the stacks. Now as you squeeze they should shuffle together.

Now make a fool out of yourself practicing for a couple weeks before you get it under control.

- Louie

09-16-2001, 09:52 AM
Chip shuffling is something I always do when I'm at the table, mainly because poker isn't very exciting and I'm kinda fidgety so I need to be doing something as I fold for hours on end. One quick warning though- If you do it as much as I do, your fingers can start to hurt big time. Its like a sick addiction for me, my lower joints in my middle two fingers will feel beaten up but I still shuffle the damn things anyway. Some habits are definetely no good I guess- too bad those are usually the tough ones to break.

09-17-2001, 02:46 PM
Does anyone know how to roll chips from one hand to the next across the table? I saw it once briefly on the TLC when they had the WSOP on and it looked really cool.

09-17-2001, 08:25 PM
I'm a good chip shuffler. Once in Vegas my wife was sitting behind me and as I started to shuffle, she told me to stop because it was making the other players nervous.

Geez, I'd hate to do that.

09-17-2001, 11:20 PM
It's a way of betting that is like a chip dispenser. Start by gripping two stacks and picking them straight up off the table. If you can do that, then with practice, you can do this.

Grip the stacks, lift them or slide them into the betting area, sit the stacks down, then, release your bet (say, eight chips, four per stack) and lift your hand up off of your bet, still containing the remaining portions of the stacks.

I use it about 20 times per week and strange as it seems, I think it induced folds. But that's not why I do it. It's just to be silly.

Tommy

09-17-2001, 11:59 PM
become a dealer. handle chips everyu day fro a few years. see so many bad beats and crazy plays that you think you can beat the game. become a degenerate gambler who handles chips well. have people ask how you do it. fun.

i came to poker from a dried up gin game i ravaged. i dont know shit about handling chips, just winning money.

09-18-2001, 06:56 PM
we're all proud of you. thanks for answering the question and contributing so much value information to the people who post questions about all aspects of poker...

09-25-2001, 05:31 PM
Do yourself a favor: Forget about learning how to shuffle chips.

I'm still trying to break myself of the habit.