PDA

View Full Version : Table Etiquette

09-13-2001, 11:29 PM
Playing in a Hold'em tournament last night, and a guy at my first table was writing down notes on a small notepad he kept in his pocket. It had crossed my mind in earlier games that I'd like to do this, but was unsure if it would be frowned upon by other players.

Any tips on this?

09-14-2001, 12:31 AM
I've decided not to write anything down at the table to make sure my opponents don't know I take the game so seriously. If I saw somebody taking notes, it would be an obvious tell that the opponent is a serious student of the game. I don't want to give that information away.

09-14-2001, 05:42 AM
I take notes constantly at the table. Here's the first four of about ten noted things, all from my last session:

Rent Mallrats. Call my brother about Aaron's wedding. Save the funny exchange that ended with Kathleen saying "that would be me." 2+2: J-9 hand.

If my bad-memory maintenance is rude or informative to the opponents, so be it.

If you really want to take some notes, and you're concerned about how it looks, try this. When someone looks at you suspiciously, act as if you are thinking out loud to yourself, and say this while your pen touches paper, "Milk, eggs, butter, bananas ..."

Tommy

09-14-2001, 09:03 AM
take notes on the button, cause that's when you wake up and play poker....gl...just joking...keep up the great work...gl

09-14-2001, 12:16 PM
If someone asks, introduce yourself, ask them their name (write it down), and then ask them for their social security number.

09-14-2001, 02:33 PM
nm

09-14-2001, 03:29 PM
you need more fruit and less dairy in your diet.

09-14-2001, 03:55 PM
More fruit, less dairy. lol

Think of it this way. I don't need reminders to buy the fruit. Touchee! :-)

Tommy