PDA

View Full Version : Yankees Lose! THHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHE Yankees Lose!

Clarkmeister
10-25-2003, 11:20 PM
Exhibit B that playing for 1 run with a hoss on the hill is a viable strategy. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

andyfox
10-25-2003, 11:28 PM
When did they play for one run? The Yankees played for one run (when they had Boone bunt). A losing strategy, as it has been since 1919.

The better team won. Exhibit B that money doesn't matter in the short run. We'll see how the long run plays out over the next thirty years. Or at least some of us will. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Very similar to the Angels last year: a team gets off to a terrible start, plays the best baseball over the final 4 months, makes terrific comebacks in the postseason against seemingly better teams (one of which is managed by Dusty Baker) and wins it all.

Dynasty
10-25-2003, 11:28 PM
My depression has lifted a little.

Zeno
10-26-2003, 01:31 AM
I'm not a fan of the Yankees but I do appreciate a baseball team that has pride, plays well, and never gives up. That said, I'm glad the Marlins won. But I will add that I'm glad the Yankees lost for one reason - George "I've got more Gold bars than anybody else" Steinbugger /images/graemlins/tongue.gif. His ego needed to be deflated, if that is possible to do, but I suppose it probably isn’t. (John Cole can correct the grammar if he wants ‘ta)

Go home Georgie boy and count all the Gold Bars in your basement. You’ll need them for next year.

-Zeno