PDA

View Full Version : Should I have been in it

DougBrennan
10-25-2003, 02:09 PM
$10 Multi on UB, early in the tourney, I am short-stacked with T395 after losing to a short-stacked all-in flush draw that rivered me, and probably I'm a little tilted. Blinds at 10/20, everyone at table has me covered.

In MP I'm looking at 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif, one limper to me. I decide what the heck, it's worth a limp, and do so. Fold to SB who completes, BB raises to T100. I call, as do the rest.

Not much drama here. The Flop came J 9 9 rainbow, BB made a pot bet which put me all-in, I happily called and blew away his A Q o when no further help arrived for either of us.

My questions are, how bad was my pre-flop call? Should I have even limped? Or should I have been sitting on the sidelines, licking my bad beat wounds and waiting for something better than middle suited connecters?

Any and all critique welcome.

Nottom
10-26-2003, 01:06 AM
The limp is debatable but with the small blinds its not a huge mistake if you can get away from top pair or a bad draw, calling the raise for over 25% of your stack is awful.

DougBrennan
10-26-2003, 05:19 AM
Yeah, that's what I thought in the light of day. Flopping trips always makes a call look better at the time. Tilt city I guess. Thanks for the feedback.