PDA

View Full Version : Strange post on collusion

Noodles
10-25-2003, 12:56 PM
This is a post from BJ21(i dont know if i am allowed to paste it here so you can take it down if i cant)
Anyway they were discussing poker collussion and this guy says if he knows there are players colluding he can gain a large advantage.
here it is

The general advice

Posted By: John May <Send E-Mail to this Poster>
Date: 23 Oct 03, 6:47 am

In Response To: team play in regards to (bigplayer)

""The general advice is to leave a game with colluders. Its so widespread online this is not really practical. Personally, I have found colluders to be more profitable than the biggest of big fish, and constitutes most of my profit from online play. Collusion is usually fairly obvious, and once detected, effectively reveals the hands of the players. A game-theory strategy optimized for collusion can give you as much as a 25% edge.""

I find this hard to believe,is this guy a poker pro? i never heard of him.

How can a 25% profit be made? just fold when you see a strange betting pattern?.I dont get it

Robk
10-25-2003, 05:43 PM
I agree, there's no doubt he's FOS.

Nottom
10-25-2003, 05:51 PM
Maybe against mindless raising to fold people out collusion, but against any set of cheaters with half a brain I can't believe this is possible.

gonores
10-25-2003, 06:03 PM
Maybe if you substitue the word "maniac" for "colluder" throughout the post it would make sense.

Mike
10-25-2003, 08:17 PM
Knowing who is colluding at the table you are sitting at does save you bets and can earn you bets. Holding a 25% advantage is questionable knowing who is colluding at your table.

Phat Mack
10-26-2003, 06:57 PM
Is it possible he's talking about a relatively unsophisticated team with one partner having a hand and the other helping to drive the betting? If so, his nut hands would be getting 2:1 instead of 1:1. This doesn't work out to 25%, but may be to what he alludes.

I've played against colluding idiots who sent across their hands by their bet amounts, or how they arrange their chips and/or cards. I considered them heaven sent. I don't play on-line, but imagine colluders exchange information by phone or messager, and this info isn't readily available to others at the table.

MHoydilla
10-27-2003, 07:40 AM
Hey I play alot of online poker and have a suspected list of colluding players. I would appreciate it if you could post a link, or pm to me to this article. You help me, I help you, a cheaters justice group or something to that effect.

Kim Lee
10-28-2003, 10:36 PM
John May doesn't play poker. He is a generally harmless internet blackjack and gambling crank. A personal acquaintance described him as a Walter Mitty type who posts gambling fantasies from cheap cyber cafes. If you are bored you can read his flame war at the BJFonline fight club message board archives.