PDA

View Full Version : Bay Area Poker Rooms

09-10-2001, 08:03 PM
I'm a beginner and I'm looking for some live game in Bay Area to gain some live experience since I used to play on the net only(results are getting better every week). I realize that I'm underdog and even ready to pay for experience. But I'm looking to some quite not very aggressive game where general public is nice and not many sharks are involved.

Can anybody advice? You opinion about Lucky Chances in Colma?

What are best days to play and what stake?

I have full time job, so my time options are evenings and weekends.

Appreciate your help.

09-10-2001, 10:02 PM
I like the California Grand in Pacheco(next to Concord) Friendly place that gives a lot of perks including a high payout bad beat, high hand every 4 hrs, free food, etc. Nice dealers.

09-11-2001, 12:54 AM

09-11-2001, 04:46 PM
my first live experience was at Artichoke Joe's. The games were very good and the players and staff are all very nice. I think pretty much anywhere you go you will have a good experience in the bay area.

09-12-2001, 04:06 PM
Your best bet might be the Oaks Card Club in the East Bay (Oakland). I think they have a $1-2 hold 'em game. You WILL get beat by people playing 2-7 offsuit from early position, but it's a relatively cheap way of getting used to play in a cardroom. It's not my favorite place, but a good place to start. I like Lucky Chances a lot and have friends that play Artichoke Joes quite frequently. Let me know if you go to Lucky Chances, I'll say "hi".