PDA

View Full Version : SnG Questions

Iceberg592
10-25-2003, 02:50 AM
I have a couple of questions that I hope some of you serious SnG'ers in here will help me with. Second hand of a SnG, a really wild aggressive player moves all in on me I have Ak not wanting to risk my trny on AK this early I fold. Is this the type of fold I want to be making? Another hand stage 3 of trny, this time I got qq I raise about T250, the blinds were 25-50, I have about T1700 in chips again a loose player moves all in on me and I call he flips over AK and of course gets the A. I probably would have folded here if anyone else at the table made this raise on me. So my main question is folding hands such as Ak, qq, jj, early in these trnys a good play or am I taking survival to the wrong level. The main reason I ask is the 10 min blind increases seem to put a little more pressure on you and require a little faster play.

crockpot
10-25-2003, 03:28 AM
i like your play both hands. remember that on your QQ there is already a sizable pot. had the all-in been before you could act, you might consider folding.

if you play SNGs with these loose players frequently, you may want to see if you can figure out what their range of all-in hands is. i think unless they will move in with hands as weak as AT or KQ you should not be calling all ins indiscriminately with AK when there is not already a big pot.

Michael Davis
10-25-2003, 04:20 AM
I don't see how you know it's a really wild aggressive in the 2nd hand of a SnG. If you happen to have played with this person before, what is their range of all-in hands?

1st and 2nd hands of SNGs are the best time to call all-in with AK if there's ever a time to do it. I swear some people like being the first man out! That being said, I almost never make this call.

-Mike

iblucky4u2
10-25-2003, 11:11 AM
Help me out - if you have one of the 3-4 best pre-flop hands, you should at worse be coin flip vs all but AA & KK. The pot is already good size with the one person all-in, giving a good chance to double up and gain an early lead. Are you saying don't call an all-in with any hand early? Isn't that weak/passive - the worst kind of poker.

Eihli
10-25-2003, 11:31 AM
If I havn't put any chips in yet and I'm not shortstacked then I wouldn't call an all-in with AK or QQ, and depending on who did the all-in I might fold KK. If someone made a large bet and they have a chance of folding, instead of risking 1/3 of my stack to see the flop, I would probably push them all-in with AK or QQ, and definetly KK

Nottom
10-25-2003, 01:33 PM
The pot may be big but are you going to call a 1000 bet to win 1015?

On the other hand, this is an extreme example of the better to finish 10th than 4th principle, so if you know he would make this play with a worse Ace you can make a decent arguement for calling.