PDA

View Full Version : memorable hand for me

09-09-2001, 01:18 AM
I'm a decent low limit player. Like everyone, I've had big winning sessions, as well as losing ones. I can barely remember either of those sessions. I just wanted to share one small hand that stands out in my mind in a 3-6-12 game.

It's an afternoon game that is fairly soft and relaxed.I have J-10 offsuit on button. One early position call, the rest fold, I call, SB folds, BB checks. The big blind is player who I have had the pleasure of watching slowly improve over the course of a year. I respect him and he respects me. Anyway, the flop is jack-blank-blank. Check, check, I bet and see that the BB is watching me. BB calls, other player folds. The next card is a blank. Check, I bet. The river brings nothing but the BB bets $6 and looks at me. It was just a simple relaxed stare. It was a look that said "I have you and you know it but you still have to call me". I call and he shows me pocket queens. Maybe you had to be there, but looking back now, I enjoyed losing that pot.

monkeyman

09-09-2001, 11:15 PM
learn from this and next time you can fold as soon as he bets if you didnt improve. you lost maybe two hours of earn in the game with just this hand. that is the start of advanced play.

btw he plays terrible and needs to do some bookwork. good luck.

09-10-2001, 12:05 AM
Monkeyman:

I think Ray covered a more experienced players view of post flop play by both you and your opponent.

One other area of concern for me is yout pre-flop call with J-10o. Athough you may get conflicting views on whether to fold or raise with this hand, these are the only 2 options you have. If the early limper is a weak/tight player then you should consider a raise. However, IMO this is clearly a fold situation. J-10o is a drawing hand with little high card strength and does not play well gainst 1 or 2 opponents.

Regards,

Dale Duguid