PDA

View Full Version : Monte Carlo

Jerrypards
10-24-2003, 01:57 PM
I just recently returned from a one-night business trip in Vegas. I booked a room for $80 (not a poker rate) at Monte Carlo as I have heard so many good things about their poker room.

I played $2/$4 for about 6 hours and thourougly enjoyed my expereince at Monte Carlo. I cannot say enough about the entire staff, from the brush to the dealers. They do a great job of making you feel welcome and are very accomodating to players new to the game. I saw the brush approach several people on the rail and ask them if they wanted to play and offer advice on the games. I wish more rooms operated this way.

As far as the play, during the evening hours, the play was very loose, passive. Lots of calling stations, not much raising. I would say out of 10 players, 8 were clueless. I was amazed at how fast these people would go through their stacks and then buy-in for more!

For those of you looking for a place to play in Vegas, I highly recommend a stop at the MC poker room for great low-limit action. Props to the entire staff for running a great room!

Jerrypards