PDA

View Full Version : 55 in 4-8

09-08-2001, 02:20 PM
i have 55 in early position in a very soft, friendly, good 4-8 kill game. i limp and so do 4 others behind me and the blinds come along.

the flop is 663 rainbow. i check and everyone else checks around to the cutoff who bets. he could have anything. everyone folds to me and i checkraise. everyone folds to him and he calls. he mutters something like "so you have the 6?"

the turn is a 4. i bet out. he announces as he calls, "well now i picked up a straight draw so i have to call" then he says, "put a 2, 5, or 7 up there!" this player has this funny habit of telling the truth on the river. he announces exactly what his hand is and ive yet to see him lie. he even shows his hand when no one calls. so now i know he has exactly the same hand as me: 55.

the river is a T. i bet out and he quickly mucks.

anyone else play against people who take some sort of truth serum before they sit down to play poker?

09-08-2001, 05:26 PM
I've occasionally played against this type of player. I usually ignore whatever he says since I would expect him to pick an opportune moment to finally lie about his hand.