PDA

View Full Version : Mirage Tournament

ZManODS
10-24-2003, 12:04 PM
I went to the Mirage website and noticed they have a tournament Tuesday: 7:00 p.m. No-Limit Texas Hold'em $60 Buy-in with unlimited $40 rebuy.

My question is has anyone played in this tournament? How many players are usually in it, and what is the payout structure?

Also, should i bother playing if i only tend to rebuy at MOST once?

Thanks for your replies.

rkiray
10-24-2003, 02:44 PM
I was there a couple of months ago, and on Tuesday night I believe the announced 113 players with 435 rebuys. I thought I must have heard it incorrectly (I was playing 6/12, I'm not much of a tourney fan). So I asked a local at my table. He said I heard it correctly, and that was typical.

mrbaseball
10-25-2003, 07:41 AM
I just spent a lot of time at the Mirage last week. The 7pm tourneys fill up very fast! Registration starts at 5:30 I think but check and then get in line early. The registration lines were very long every night and lots of people were getting shut out.

These tounaments were very popular. They also had cheapo one table satalites running all day long for them. I still think tourneys are a crapshoot so I stuck to the ring games but tournaments can be fun. Just make sure you plan to get there early or you will probably miss out.

My guess is if you only rebuy once you have to get real lucky or are wasting your time. I always stay away from rebuy touneys myself. I like the entry fee and one add-on or freezeout formats.