PDA

View Full Version : Texas Yee Haw-state of the union

HUSKER'66
10-24-2003, 10:43 AM
The saga continues. I was not able to post any ramblings yesterday so I will do double duty today in order to get back on track with thomastem. (I'm surprised he didn't send one of his furry henchmen to harrass me ) This little post will be simple enough. We're gonna cover all that is state related.......scroll down you'll see.

STATE BIRD- MOCKINGBIRD (Personally, I think that it should be the road runner )

STATE FLOWER-BLUEBONNET (You get to see all the family's in their Sunday best on the side of major highways in the spring taking family photos)

STATE MOTTO-"FRIENDSHIP" (I try to remember this as I'm telling the a$$hole who just cut in front of me that he is "#1" with my middle finger )

STATE INSECT- MONARCH BUTTERFLY (do other states have "state" bugs???)

STATE GEM- TEXAS BLUE TOPAZ

STATE TREE- PECAN (makes for great pie)

STATE SMALL MAMMAL- ARMADILLO (a unique animal to be sure!)

STATE LARGE MAMMAL- LONGHORN (that's a no brainer....)

STATE FLYING MAMMAL- MEXICAN FREE TAILED BAT (where do they come up with these catagories?!?)

STATE SEASHELL- LIGHTNIG WHELK

STATE SONG- TEXAS, OUR TEXAS (bet a bunch thought "Deep in the Heart of Texas")

STATE DISH- CHILI (is there any other choice?)

STATE MUSICAL INSTRUMENT - GUITAR (another no brainer)

STATE SHIP- BATTLESHIP TEXAS

STATE FRUIT- TEXAS RED GRAPEFRUIT

STATE FOLK DANCE- SQUARE DANCE ( )

STATE PEPPER- JALAPENO (yea baby! )

STATE FISH- GUADALUPE BASS ( this reminds me of something Jim Easton passed on to me-there is only one natural lake in Texas, the Caddo...that fact still blows me away )

STATE SPORT-RODEO (many would argue football)

STATE VEGETABLE- TEXAS SWEET ONION (helps with the chili)

STATE FIBER AND FABRIC???-COTTON

STATE DINASAUR-BRACHIOSAUR SAUROPOD,PLEUROCOELUS (how many other states have their own dinasaur? )

STATE STONE- PETRIFIED PALMWOOD (dinawood???)

Well there ya have it.....

next episode: crazy Texas laws

thomastem
10-24-2003, 12:24 PM
Have any villians from Star Wars been sighted recently?