PDA

View Full Version : Easy fold or no?

Nate tha' Great
10-24-2003, 01:11 AM
$20 multi-table no limit tourney at UB.

Tourney has been in progress for about 45 minutes and I have around 1400 chips, placing me right in the middle of the pack. There is one limper to me - a pretty good player with a stack of about 4500 chips and a history of bullying - and I get a free play in the BB with 63o.

The flop comes QQ3 rainbow.

I bet the pot (150 chips). Bully raises to 600.

Do you raise (all-in presumably), call, or fold?

Was betting into him proper to begin with?

-Nate

Stagemusic
10-24-2003, 06:55 AM
Absolutely easy fold. Betting the pot wasn't a bad idea though. With 2 Q's and a measly 3 showing you had a chance to see where you were without really hurting yourself. However, once he goes all in you have to think that he just flopped himself a set or has a higher pair and does not think you have the set based on your bet. Fold, tell him nice hand and move on. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

jon_1van
10-24-2003, 12:01 PM
Notice the other player put you in a position where it is very very difficult for you to call without a Q.

It will also be very easy for him to fold if you go over the top of him if he doesn't have a Q.

So yes this is an easy fold for you. But the bet you made was just asking to get reraised because the raiser knows you won't be able to call without a Q...or at least a pocket pair higher than 6s or 7s.

Nate tha' Great
10-24-2003, 12:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Notice the other player put you in a position where it is very very difficult for you to call without a Q.

It will also be very easy for him to fold if you go over the top of him if he doesn't have a Q.

So yes this is an easy fold for you. But the bet you made was just asking to get reraised because the raiser knows you won't be able to call without a Q...or at least a pocket pair higher than 6s or 7s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this was a tricky spot. I really didn't think he had a queen - in fact, he showed down a couple of hands later in which he got caught bluffing with total sh*t - but he might well have had a pocket pair. And based on my read of him, he might well have called my all-in with his pocket pair. It wasn't worth staking my tournament life on, and I folded, melodramatically using all of my time to let him know that I thought he was full of it.

ohkanada
10-24-2003, 12:38 PM
"Do you raise (all-in presumably), call, or fold?"

Fold.

"Was betting into him proper to begin with?"

Against 1 limper taking a shot is fine. Assuming you are done if you get raised or called.

Ken Poklitar