PDA

View Full Version : "Planet of the apes!" -or- the great striper run?

Al_Capone_Junior
10-23-2003, 02:24 PM
Twas watching AMC last night. They were showing a Charlton Heston movie marathon! Drrrama! I watched "Airport 1975" ... with Faye Dunaway to boot! Loved it!

Anyway... They are advertising (during the Charlton Heston Marathon, of course) that this weekend they're having a "Planet of the Apes!" 24 hour marathon! Yea! Roddy McDowell Rules! :-)

But there's a problem...

The great "striper run" is going on RIGHT NOW in "the lake." The paper says almost everyone is catching their limit, even from shore, and most fish are pushing 18''... That's a heck of a striped bass. And being a poker player, of course I know all about fishin'. So I'm takin' the boat to the lake to catch stripers this weekend, FER SURE.

But what the heck am I going to do about the Planet of the Apes MARATHON? D'oh! It's a REAL DELIMMA...

Now us poker players gotta be inventive, we gotta come up with solutions to problems...

So I'm delivering four tapes to my mom's house. She's going to tape Planet of the Apes marathon for me!

Problem : solution!

It's just that easy! As poker players, we gotta find the ways to have our cake and eat it too....

al

ChipWrecked
10-23-2003, 04:38 PM
Screw AMC, wait 'till FMC runs their next marathon of uncut, uninterrupted, widescreen Apes flicks.

Enjoy the fishin'.

Cyndie
10-23-2003, 06:22 PM

Dynasty
10-23-2003, 06:58 PM
Go out and buy the Planet of the Apes DVD set (all 5 original movies). It's only about $75 and you get a bonus behind-the-scenes- DVD with it.

mosch
10-24-2003, 05:02 PM
Or you could solve future problems as well, by buying a TiVo, modding it with a big hard drive, and telling it that you dig the planet of the apes.

Sweet, sweet TiVo.

ChipWrecked
10-27-2003, 06:29 PM
...I don't want TiVo 'cause I'm afraid it'll think I'm gay.

Howard Burroughs
10-27-2003, 10:15 PM
Well, how did it turn out?

Did your mom tape the right show?

I remember years ago asking my mom to tape an NBA all-star game for me. She taped an NCAA B-ball game instead. She saw guys running up and down the court and thought she had it nailed.

Hope you had better luck then me. I'd hate to think your mom stopped at the Discovery channel and taped a show on the Pyromagnetic Primate Thymelaeaceous Diets of Rural Uganda or something.

Cyndie
10-28-2003, 01:18 AM
If anything can go wrong it will....the corrolary is that it will always happen at the most inconvenient time possible...Murphy's Law is also known as the "butter side down" rule for dropping anything.

Al_Capone_Junior
10-28-2003, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pyromagnetic Primate Thymelaeaceous Diets of Rural Uganda

[/ QUOTE ]

You saw that one too, eh?

not only did she tape it, but a massive cold front with rain came through sunday morning... thus cutting my trip off early. So I got to watch four out of five on sunday anyway. I watched the fifth one yesterday.

the trip was a bit of a bust... I did catch one striper, but I caught a hell of a lot more croppies than bass. Plus a sunny about the size of rhode island.... Oh well, it was fun anyway. A bad day fishin' is still better than a good day workin'.

al