PDA

View Full Version : Saudis To Get Nukes?

adios
10-23-2003, 07:51 AM
Some online site that seems pro Israeli (Debka.com) posted an item about the Saudi's getting nuke warheads from Pakistan and aiming them at you know where soon. I don't think this story has any credibility but I was wondering if anyone else had read anything about it.

HDPM
10-23-2003, 10:14 AM
Yeah, I have seen it other places. There was some high level meeting between Musharraf(sp?) and some Saudi potentate. Saudi oil for Paki nukes. I think there is some credibility to the story. If you were a Saudi leader, wouldn't you do everything you could to get nukes?

MMMMMM
10-23-2003, 10:14 AM
I didn't find it on Debka.com but I did find these on Google:

(excerpt) Saudi Arabia does not have weapons of mass destruction. It did, however, buy long-range CSS-2 ballistic missiles from China in 1988. More recently, Saudi officials have discussed the procurement of new Pakistani intermediate-range missiles capable of carrying nuclear warheads. Some concern remains that Saudi Arabia, like its neighbors, may be seeking to acquire nuclear weapons, apparently by purchase rather than indigenous development. While there is no direct evidence that Saudi Arabia has chosen a nuclear option, the Saudis have in place a foundation for building a nuclear deterrent.(end excerpt)

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/world/saudi/

(excerpt) Saudis consider nuclear bomb

Ewen MacAskill and Ian Traynor in Vienna
Thursday September 18, 2003
The Guardian

Saudi Arabia, in response to the current upheaval in the Middle East, has embarked on a strategic review that includes acquiring nuclear weapons, the Guardian has learned.

This new threat of proliferation in one of the most dangerous regions of the world comes on top of a crisis over Iran's alleged nuclear programme.

A strategy paper being considered at the highest levels in Riyadh sets out three options:

· To acquire a nuclear capability as a deterrent;

· To maintain or enter into an alliance with an existing nuclear power that would offer protection;

· To try to reach a regional agreement on having a nuclear-free Middle East.

Until now, the assumption in Washington was that Saudi Arabia was content to remain under the US nuclear umbrella. But the relationship between Saudi Arabia and the US has steadily worsened since the September 11 attacks on New York and Washington: 15 of the 19 attackers were Saudi.

It is not known whether Saudi Arabia has taken a decision on any of the three options. But the fact that it is prepared to contemplate the nuclear option is a worrying development.(end excerpt)
http://www.guardian.co.uk/saudi/story/0,11599,1044402,00.html

(excerpt)Pakistan, Saudi sign nuke accord
ISLAMABAD(OCT 21):Pakistan and Saudi Arabia have concluded a secret agreement on nuclear cooperation, UPI reported, quoting a source.

"It will be vehemently denied by both countries," added a Pakistani source, described as "a knowledgeable insider" by Arnaud de Borchgrave, the editor-in-chief of UPI.

"But future events will confirm that Pakistan has agreed to provide Saudi Arabia with the wherewithal for a nuclear deterrent."

In a lightning, hastily arranged, 26-hour "state visit" in Islamabad, Crown Prince Abdullah Abdulaziz, Saudi Arabia's de facto ruler, flew across the Arabian Sea with an entourage of 200, including Foreign Minister Prince Saud and several cabinet ministers.

The pro-American Saudi Defence Minister Prince Sultan, who is next in line to succeed the throne after Abdullah, was not part of the delegation.

Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf met Abdullah at the airport and saw him on Sunday night with a 21-gun salute.

In Washington, Mohammed Sadiq, Pakistan's deputy chief of mission, said on Monday the report about Pakistan and Saudi Arabia reaching agreement on nuclear cooperation was "totally wrong".

"This is against our policy," Sadiq told UPI.

"Pakistan would never proliferate its nuclear technology. It's a very clear policy. This was not even discussed in the talks we held with the Saudis. It was not even on the agenda. It is out of the question."

The Saudi Arabian embassy in Washington did not immediately comment on the report.(end excerpt)

http://autofeed.msn.co.in/pandoraV15/output/B34D2A76-BA15-441A-829C-2491A9699AA0.asp

Ray Zee
10-23-2003, 11:00 AM
since bush has declared an axis of evil and attacked one of them. and then declared he wouldnt attack one that had nukes. it seems perfectly logical that to prevent being invaded, getting nukes is the first step. what else gives a country the chance to deter a bigger aggressor. nothing. if iraq had them and ready to use they would still be where they were.
why would any country like saudi want to bank their whole existence on whether the u.s. was willing to protect it or not. our mistake and the one we always make is when we save a country we should require it to be our supplier of its goods for a long time. when we leave iraq their oil should go to us at market prices but never should be allowed to be a hmmmer against us again. same with saudi and kuwait.

ACPlayer
10-23-2003, 02:46 PM
You are right.

Bushes axis of evil speech is a direct contributor to Iran, N Korea nukeactivism.

His subsequent actions in Iraq are accelerating this trend. All sovereign Islamic nations have no choice but to explore defensive mechanisms.

Our main ally, Israel, is of no help, making it much worse for the US -- with its actions in the WB, Syria, and Gaza.

brad
10-23-2003, 04:04 PM
'our mistake and the one we always make is when we save a country we should require it to be our supplier of its goods for a long time. when we leave iraq their oil should go to us at market prices but never should be allowed to be a hmmmer against us again.'

bbut ray from our leaders perspective its not used agaiinst 'us', its used against the american people.

brad
10-23-2003, 04:12 PM
the silence with which the story about US handing over nuclear missles to israel for israeli subs met was truly deafening. (especially coinciding with members of knesset (isreali, not US heh) calling for nuking of damascus and maybe tehran im not sure.)

im thinking of going as super jew for halloween. im gonna go to door with empty (candy carrying bowl thingee) , then when they open the door im gonna say (pointing at their bowl of candy) you stole my candy!, and prompty switch bowls. (their full for my empty) if they protest i will silence them with cries of anti-semitism and maybe even bring in anti-semitism man for the tough customers.