PDA

View Full Version : Losing but not complaining

09-01-2001, 09:15 AM
I could use some advive on how to deal with my losing streak. Have not had a very good year and in the last 2 weeks I got to play at Foxwood 4 seccsion for a total of 23 hours and lost and average of 375 per seccion. I was playing 5-10 with a 10-20 kill. It seems that I got very few card and when I got a hand, I could not hit the flop. Play hand to the river and get beat by a two outer. I wwould only play good cards in position and on aveage about one hand every other round, if that much. I am sure that a lot of you have been there and I would like any advice you have to offer on how to deal with it and move on.

09-01-2001, 09:37 AM
I like to extend "tilt" to include "dull play". When losing, you are probably not up to form and miss opportunities that you would normally see and take. Thus, the losing streak feeds on itself.

Play at lower limits until your attitude changes, which will probably be when you have consecutive wins.

- Louie

09-01-2001, 10:25 AM
Thanks for the advise and I will think about moving down. Even though I have been losing I have tried hard to avoid going on tilt but you may be right it may very will be slipping in my game. Thanks again for taking the time to answer.

09-01-2001, 01:57 PM
What I do doing the good times is remember that the next death-run could start next hand. But during the bad times, it seems like I'll never win again, and I wonder how the heck I ever did.

I'd suggest using your current woes as practice for dealing with like situations in the future. It does get easier, but it takes many trials, at least it did for me.

Tommy

09-01-2001, 07:50 PM
"What I do doing the good times is remember that the next death-run could start next hand. But during the bad times, it seems like I'll never win again, and I wonder how the heck I ever did. "

It's almost the same when I'm depressed. I cant imagine how anyone could feel good. However when I'm feeling good I certainly can understand people that are depressed.

Regards