PDA

View Full Version : The Hand is QQ, Whats the river play?

Stu Pidasso
10-22-2003, 10:19 PM
Party 2-4

EP poster checks, I raise in middle position with Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Cutoff cold calls, Big Blind calls, EP poster calls. 4 of us see this flop.

A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

Checked to me, I bet and all three of my opponents call.

The turn brings the J /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Again checked to me, I bet, the Cutoff and Big Blind both call but the EP poster folds. The river card is the 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Whats my river play?

Stu

lil'
10-22-2003, 10:49 PM
Check and call.

Stu Pidasso
10-23-2003, 11:51 AM
I checked and it was checked around. I drag the pot. Anyone bet out on this river?

Stu

BigEndian
10-23-2003, 11:53 AM
Everytime and twice on Tuesdays. But you probably knew that about my play already /images/graemlins/smile.gif

- Groove

Sarge85
10-23-2003, 12:25 PM
I check-call.

I think it's one of those situations that only hands that are going to beat you would call you on the river. Either a weak ace, or someone wanting to check-raise their 7.

Sarge /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Bob T.
10-23-2003, 12:41 PM
If you are planning on checking and calling, it is probably right to bet here, but this is a thin value bet situation.

biggambler
10-23-2003, 12:47 PM
1. If you bet everyone may fold and you only win the pot.
2. If you bet any callers proabaly have you beat. /images/graemlins/ooo.gif 3
3. Can't see any profit in betting most of the time.

BigEndian
10-23-2003, 01:01 PM
Caller's could have J9, or a busted straight draw. The busted straight draw could easily lead out with a bluff when you check, then the two pair could raise making it two big bets to you. And I'm guessing most people here would fold then in that situation... It's not cut and dry.

Betting out when someone does have that weak A rewards horrible play and encourages players to call you down. Calling a raise to your bet does the same thing.

Imo, is exactly the play you want to encourage and will see a net profit over time.

- Groove