PDA

View Full Version : Borgata - Weekday poker room rate

Homer
10-22-2003, 06:29 PM
FYI...don't know if this is true or not.

Poker Rate (http://recpoker.com/article.php?gID=1&ID=248101)

-- Homer

Miah
10-22-2003, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the info, if this checks out I will be very happy

Homer
10-22-2003, 07:01 PM
Me too. If you are able to book at this rate, please post to let us know.

- Thanks, Homer

slamdunkpro
10-22-2003, 09:14 PM
I'm going up Friday, I'll stop by the Borg and ask.

Miah
10-26-2003, 08:11 PM
Just reserved a room for this THursday and confirmed the rates the post says.

The default rate is $100 then they adjust it for you after your 4-8 or 8+ hour play. Sweet!

scalf
10-26-2003, 08:19 PM
/images/graemlins/frown.gif slam...ever live in luray???

tia...gl /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

McMelchior
10-27-2003, 02:01 AM
Just received a letter from Borgata offering FREE /images/graemlins/ooo.gif rooms Mon - Thursday in most of November & December (until xmas). Obviously they've already fallen on hard times?

There was a phone number to call and a code to enter. If anyone is interested you can PM me, and I'll send it to you.

Best,

McMelchior (Johan)

Still the Spank E
10-30-2003, 02:00 PM
Does Borgata offer any kind of rate for weekends? Do you know about any of the other AC B&Ms? Taj, for example.

Homer
10-30-2003, 03:52 PM
The weekend rate at Borgata is $125. At Taj it's $65, but is very hard to get. You have to play high limits and have prior play on your Taj card, from what I understand.

-- Homer

Miah
10-31-2003, 06:59 PM
I just got back from the Borgata, they really jerked me around with the room rate.

Supposedly you have to get all your play in the night of your stay before midnight. Being that check-in is 3:00, if you want to get the room for $39 you'd have to start playing by 4:00 the latest. This might not even be possible with the way their waiting lists get sometimes.

Being that I went there after work and checked in at around 9pm one of the card room managers was telling me there was no way I would qualify for the extra reduced rates.

Anyway I spent quite a bit of time arguing with this guy to agree to give me the room for 39 after my 8 hours of play (he was being a real jerk about it, like I was getting such a great bargain at 100 a night I should just be happy with that)

Anyway after about 3 hours the 10-20 must move got short then broke and after waiting 40 minutes or so it was 3am and I just decided to go upstairs and pay the full amount.

On a somewhat related note the Borgata has gone down quite a bit since June in terms of cleanliness and especially cusomter service and on top of that my room was missing stuff like tissues and shampoo. I expected this being that its in AC and all, it was just a matter of time.

I'll probably just head to the Taj from now on, the action is far better there anyway.

Homer
11-02-2003, 03:18 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I'm sorry the hear that things didn't go smoothly for you.

-- Homer

RollaJ
11-03-2003, 09:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I expected this being that its in AC and all, it was just a matter of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive stayed in AC hundreds of times, I never had missing tissues or shampoo, did have a burnt out lightbulb once, and once the toilet ran

Still the Spank E
11-03-2003, 01:52 PM
Thanks. Do you know the daily rate at Taj?

Jeffage
11-03-2003, 07:54 PM
$65. But you must have a history of play. If it's for a weekday, you can get it about two weeks ahead (maybe less) and talk to Marcia (with your Taj Card number ready). If it's a weekend...forget it unless you play 30-60 or higher. And even then...it's difficult. They have a limited number of rooms. Preference generally goes to mid limit players, even during the week.

Jeff

Still the Spank E
11-10-2003, 01:18 PM
I related the gist of what you said in your eMail about getting the $39 rate to a Borgata person who has yet to get back to me about it. I don't know if this means they didn't have a good answer, didn't want to commit to an answer in a written communication, or just haven't gotten around to answering my eMail. It's been days, though.