PDA

View Full Version : General Question

08-30-2001, 09:00 PM
I would like to know what each person who posts here thinks their best attribute is in poker? I would also like to know what type of players you would make the most from depending on your style. Then I would like to know if you can change your style to fit the game.

I would like to know what percentage of players who walk into card rooms,do so so without studying any type of game theory?

08-31-2001, 12:01 PM
I would like to know what each person who posts here thinks their best attribute is in poker?

Conviction. Acting on same. You will notice that players that do well have a strong conviction and do not waver.

I would also like to know what type of players you would make the most from depending on your style.

Against players that fold too much, bet. Against players that bet too much, trap. Against players who call too much value bet. Five books later we can fill in the details.

I would like to know what percentage of players who walk into card rooms,do so so without studying any type of game theory?

I don't know. It would relate to game size, I think. Most players I play have read books and magazines. Someone who knows a little but not enough is usually easy to beat. Medium thinking players are good opponents for high level thinking players. For new players, they are sharks.

Then I would like to know if you can change your style to fit the game.

If you can look at someone and say, "his style is X" than he is not likely an expert. Expertise in poker is making yourself into round peg when the hole is round and making yourself into a square one when the hole is square.

Regards.