View Full Version : Reconstruction Site - The Weakerthans

David Steele
10-22-2003, 01:37 PM
BUY THIS ALBUM
Reconstruction Site - The Weakerthans

Buy This Album
You can't go wrong.

Seriously this album is too good.

Even if you don't like the genre or the sound, you only have to sit down with the lyrics insert and listen once through as you read, you will be more than glad you bought it.

If you are Canadian you have to buy it anyway, but everyone else should exercise their free will and also buy it.

Here is one place to BUY IT:
Amazon Listing (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000AGWJG/qid=1066843156/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_1/103-7822287-6504639?v=glance&s=music&n=507846)

Look at all those 5 star reviews!

Here is some more information:
The Weakerthans (http://www.theweakerthans.org/)

DISCLAIMER:
I have no connecetion with the group, except the conncection you will all have after you listen to it carefully.

D.

Zeno
10-22-2003, 03:51 PM
Done! I Listened to a few sample tracks and was very impressed. Added Lyle Lovett's new album - My Baby Don't Tolerate - to the order just for fun and to get the free shipping discount.

-Zeno

David Steele
10-22-2003, 04:00 PM
Wow!
I need a free shipping extra too, what should I order?

D.

Zeno
10-23-2003, 12:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what should I order?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mojo Nixon & The Toadliquors, The Real Sock Ray Blue!

Remember: The more you spend; the more you save. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Zeno

baggins
10-23-2003, 02:49 AM
I'd recommend The Fire Theft's self-titled debut that came out a month ago. It is fantastic. any mature rock n roll fan should enjoy it. also, the band is made up of a bunch of really cool guys. I was this [ ] close to jamming with them after their show in chicago, but the venue management kicked everybody out.

other recommendations:

Sunny Day Real Estate - The Rising Tide
Elliot Smith - XO
The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Now I Got Worry
The White Stripes - Destijl
The Refused - The Shape Of Punk To Come
Billy Bragg & WILCO - Mermaid Avenue Vol.s I and II
Don Caballero - American Don
The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds, Endless Summer
Jeremy Enigk - The Return of the Frog Queen

just a few... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Zeno
10-30-2003, 06:15 PM
I got this CD about 3 days ago and have played it over and over. The Weakerthans are an excellent group (Lou Reed meets Chumbawamba?) Great recomendation. Thanks.

-Zeno

David Steele
10-30-2003, 06:24 PM
Thanks! I am still listening in my car a lot too.

You will have to get their first album Fallow, it is equal
to the new one. The second one I have but have not gotten into as much but many like it, it has a heavier sound. I am planning to give the second album a closer look again soon.

D.