PDA

View Full Version : KK No Limit Question

Scottnyce
10-22-2003, 09:55 AM
$50 NL table. Blinds are $1-$1

I just sit down with $50.

I get KK in big blind

2 callers, then a player in Middle position raises it to $5. ALl fold to me, I raise $10 to make it a total of $16 I put in the pot. All fold, MP player calls.

Flop.

A 10 J

I bet out $10. MP player goes all in (he has me covered).

Do I lay them down?

Jon Matthews
10-22-2003, 10:15 AM
Yup. That's a crap board for you, you could be easily up against a set, 2 pair, a straight if they played KQ...

A strong ace or 2 pair would be the most likely hands you'd be up against with that all in.

If he's bluffing then you'll get his money later as that's a terrible board to push on and he'll make a similar mistake later but it's likely you're beat here.

Jon

Zag
10-22-2003, 03:42 PM
Other than a stone-cold bluff, what could he possibly have that you are ahead of? And this would be a terrible place for him to bluff, because you could easily have AA or AK for your betting, and would auto-call. Therefore, unless he is a total maniac, you're beaten. Lay it down.

Think how badly dominated AK has you: One out to win and he has 2 outs to redraw, or 4 outs to tie.

One question: Is the $10 bet you made on the flop the same bet that you would have made with AK or AA?

tewall
10-22-2003, 05:11 PM
If he would bluff 1/4 of the time in this situation, it wouldn't make any difference whether you call or not. If he is more than 1/4 likely to bluff, then call. Otherwise fold. I agree with the others that he's less than 1/4 likely to be bluffing.

Question on the pre-flop raise. At what point (i.e., how much in the pot) do you (anyone reading this) think it's worth going all-in to get the blinds? Would there be enough of a chance of being called with KK to make it worth going all in? There's just over 10% of stack in pot, so if opp folds, you get that, and if opp calls, you're a clear favorite over all but one hand, that's going to likely get all your money anyway (unless an Ace flops). If the opp is at all likely to call, going all-in would be best.