PDA

View Full Version : TEXAS_YEE HAW it's hot!

HUSKER'66
10-22-2003, 09:52 AM
This is the third installment torward fullfilling my wager with the animal lover thomastem. In earlier posts, I talked briefly about some of the many things that make Texas great, as well as a little guide to some 'Texan" for those passing through. Living here in the southern region of the country, we have a warmer climate than many of our neighbors to the north. This gives some cause to bitc# but let me give you fair warning......it can get a little warm here.

IT'S SO HOT IN TEXAS THAT........

1) Birds have to use pot holders to pull worms out of the ground.

2)Farmers are feeding their chickens crushed ice to keep them from laying hard boiled eggs.

3)The cows are giving evaporated milk.

4)The trees are whistling for dogs.

5)You can make instant sun tea

6)You no longer associate bridges (or rivers) with water.

7)You eat hot chiles to "cool off".

8)You learn that a seatbelt makes a pretty good branding iron.

9)When the temperature drops below 95F you feel a little chilly.

10)You discover during the months of July and August, it takes only two fingers to drive your car.

11)You discover that you can get a sunburn through your car window.

12)You notice that the best parking space is determined by shade instead of distance.

13)Hot water now comes out of both taps.

14)It's July, kids are on summer vacation, and not one person is out on the streets.

15)You burn your hand opening the car door.

16)You break a sweat walking to your car from the house at 7:30 am.

17)Your biggest fear is that one of your children will fall off their bike playing; and get cooked to death while lying on the pavement.

18)You realize tha asphalt has a liquid state.

19)You kneel down and pray, "Lord I wish it would rain-not so much for me, cuz I've seen it -but for my 7 year old."

Let this be a warning to all you "yankees" or anyone else that should visit in the months of July, August, and September. We turn up the heat a little down here, so pack light.....and bring some sun screen.