PDA

View Full Version : Hand from last nights Two Plus Two table

Mike Gallo
10-22-2003, 08:10 AM
Hi everyone,

I had this hand before the "lights" went out at Party Poker. I did not list what either I had or my opponent had. I will give that in a seperate post. I thought I played this hand rather transparently, yet my opponent still gave me action.

I open raise from the cut off. Cold_Cash cold calls we lost the blinds and we see the flop heads up.

8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet Cold_Cash raises, I call.

8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check Cold_Cash bets, I raise, he calls.

8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet Cold_Cash calls, and I have the best hand.

What did I have? What did Cold_Cash have?

pokertronic
10-22-2003, 08:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi everyone,

I had this hand before the "lights" went out at Party Poker. I did not list what either I had or my opponent had. I will give that in a seperate post. I thought I played this hand rather transparently, yet my opponent still gave me action.

I open raise from the cut off. Cold_Cash cold calls we lost the blinds and we see the flop heads up.

8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

you have AJ and he has A8? or A3

pokertronic
10-22-2003, 08:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi everyone,

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, duh, you have JJ and he has a nice ace

Mike Gallo
10-22-2003, 08:23 AM

Two strikes.

pokertronic
10-22-2003, 08:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Two strikes.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i guess y'all wouldnt have posted it if it were easy

pokertronic
10-22-2003, 08:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi everyone,

[/ QUOTE ]

ok ok, if i strike out ill go home.
you slow played your AA? he had a set of 3's?
i have no idea
/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Lil Ribbit
10-22-2003, 08:39 AM
I'm going to guess you had AK and he had KJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Mike Gallo
10-22-2003, 08:41 AM
I had A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Cold_Cash had A /images/graemlins/spade.gif10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I asked what he put me on however he did not respond.

I put him on an AQ or the hand he held.

pokertronic
10-22-2003, 08:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I had A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Cold_Cash had A /images/graemlins/spade.gif10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I asked what he put me on however he did not respond.

I put him on an AQ or the hand he held.

[/ QUOTE ]

im retarded

pokertronic
10-22-2003, 08:46 AM
but my A-J against A-8 was slightly close
AK against A-10
i did think u were behind on flop, so put him on 2 pair and u on good ace but thought if u ended up with best hand u had to hit the J on the river...
too much thinking...

BigEndian
10-22-2003, 08:47 AM
I'd put you on either a big A or a pair that spiked a set. I could see Cash having a flush draw where he paired up J's on the end (or maybe even a smaller pair and wanted to call down). Or him having a decent A to your set.

But at that table, where pairs are big favorites, it's a tough read - for me at any rate.

- Groove

Mike Gallo
10-22-2003, 08:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i did think u were behind on flop, so put him on 2 pair and u on good ace but thought if u ended up with best hand u had to hit the J on the river...

[/ QUOTE ]

No way did I think I did not have the lead. If he had a better hand he would have reraised preflop. The raise on the flop meant he wanted to see if he had the best hand. I did not put him on a flush draw.

When I checked the turn I did not know if I would get the check raise off. I thought a check raise would work better than a bet. If I bet he might not raise. I decided to make the riskier play.

too much thinking...

This is why we post our hands.

pokertronic
10-22-2003, 08:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd put you on either a big A or a pair that spiked a set. I could see Cash having a flush draw where he paired up J's on the end (or maybe even a smaller pair and wanted to call down). Or him having a decent A to your set.

But at that table, where pairs are big favorites, it's a tough read - for me at any rate.

- Groove

[/ QUOTE ]

glad im not the only one /images/graemlins/confused.gif

pokertronic
10-22-2003, 08:59 AM
No way did I think I did not have the lead. If he had a better hand he would have reraised preflop. The raise on the flop meant he wanted to see if he had the best hand. I did not put him on a flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

i strongly disagree with this statement. he could easily had A-8 suited as A-10 and re reraised you with it on the flop, not for info, but because he was ahead. unless u know he would call raises preflop with A-8 i dont think you can assume a raise on the flop is for info.

pokertronic
10-22-2003, 09:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i strongly disagree with this statement. he could easily had A-8 suited as A-10 and re reraised you with it on the flop, not for info, but because he was ahead. unless u know he would call raises preflop with A-8 i dont think you can assume a raise on the flop is for info.

[/ QUOTE ]

of course you know where he's at on the turn though. im just talking about the flop above.
he likely has a weak ace without 3 betting the turn...

Mike Gallo
10-22-2003, 09:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When I say raise for information, I mean to say, he raised to see if he had the best hand. When I did not reraise he thought he did have the best hand.

I think he should have taken the free card on the turn.

Nottom
10-22-2003, 09:24 AM
You had AA, he had ... how about AQ.

pokertronic
10-22-2003, 09:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When I say raise for information, I mean to say, he raised to see if he had the best hand. When I did not reraise he thought he did have the best hand.

I think he should have taken the free card on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

totally

Nottom
10-22-2003, 09:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i strongly disagree with this statement. he could easily had A-8 suited as A-10 and re reraised you with it on the flop,

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a case of seeing monsters under the bed. Against a typical passive player maybe you can begin to think you are behind when you get raised, but against a 2+2er our hero is still in the lead 90% of the time.

I was quite surprised when I saw the results of the hand, I'm a bit disappointed that a 2+2er would be cold-calling raises with ATo.

pokertronic
10-22-2003, 09:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i strongly disagree with this statement. he could easily had A-8 suited as A-10 and re reraised you with it on the flop,

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a case of seeing monsters under the bed. Against a typical passive player maybe you can begin to think you are behind when you get raised, but against a 2+2er our hero is still in the lead 90% of the time.

I was quite surprised when I saw the results of the hand, I'm a bit disappointed that a 2+2er would be cold-calling raises with ATo.

[/ QUOTE ]

im just saying you cant assume he didnt flop a set or 2 pair. just like you cant assume he has you beat.
but it doesnt matter, becuase im not saying he should be scared at all. were talking about what hand to put him on, and this bloke is a 2+2'r so i was giving him the benefit of the doubt

Mike Gallo
10-22-2003, 09:48 AM

In his defense, I feel he cold called the raise because he thought I made an attempt at stealing the blinds.

Of course if he thought that, he should have three bet me preflop.

BigEndian
10-22-2003, 10:05 AM
Or that you were going to war with a middle pair. He probably slowed down because he thought you hit your set or maybe he mis-read your hand initially (like he did).

I didn't make it last night before the game dispersed. But from previous games, small to medium pairs were raised pre-flop routinely from just about any position. And definitely in late position with the action folding to you.

- Groove

Nottom
10-22-2003, 10:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
im just saying you cant assume he didnt flop a set or 2 pair. just like you cant assume he has you beat.
but it doesnt matter, becuase im not saying he should be scared at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not claiming he couln't have, just that in this situation a raise certainly doesn't mean he has more than a pair. If I'm holding TP-TK, especially heads-up, I'm feeling pretty confident about my hand and being raised by my opponent doesn't do much to change that.

Mike Gallo
10-22-2003, 10:51 AM
I'm not claiming he couln't have, just that in this situation a raise certainly doesn't mean he has more than a pair. If I'm holding TP-TK, especially heads-up, I'm feeling pretty confident about my hand and being raised by my opponent doesn't do much to change that.

My exact feelings at the time.

GuyOnTilt
10-22-2003, 12:08 PM
Well, you had AK and played it well. As for your opponent, he didn't play his hand well at all, but I really don't know what he had. Perhaps ATs, perhaps AQo, perhaps 99. None of those were played well, but those are my best guesses.

pokertronic
10-22-2003, 12:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but it doesnt matter, becuase im not saying he should be scared at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, yer missing the point here. the post was for putting each on the hand they had. its not about feeling confident about my hand or whatever

Mike Gallo
10-22-2003, 12:18 PM
ok, yer missing the point here. the post was for putting each on the hand they had. its not about feeling confident about my hand or whatever

Ok, let me clear this up for you.

I put my opponent on many hands that did not beat me, but none that did.

pokertronic
10-22-2003, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Ok, let me clear this up for you.

I put my opponent on many hands that did not beat me, but none that did.

[/ QUOTE ]

kool /images/graemlins/grin.gif