PDA

View Full Version : Ok lets break every rule

slavic
10-22-2003, 03:29 AM
Muckleshoot 10/20 (6 handed)

There are 2 action players at the table, on decent player who plays straight forward, one weak player, and then MajorKong on my right. I didn't really want him on my right but as it turns out it was probably for the better.

I'm in the BB With T4o

I'm expecting an early raise so I can muck and be done with this. Folds to he button(weak) who limps, everyone on the table would raise 2 paint cards so I'm left wondering what the heck he has. ALarms are going off.

MK completes, I check the option wishing someone would have raised.

Flop: Q J 8 suits do not matter.

MK checks, I check, Button bets, MK folds. Now this guy either has AA or he has nothing so I check raise(he's released a hand once before to my check raise), he 3 bets, and I call planning to check fold the turn.

Turn 7

I check, Button checks (Did he have AK should I bluff the river?)

River 9

I bet, he calls

Results to follow.

MrGrob
10-22-2003, 07:37 AM
"Should I bluff the river?" I have been at work all night, so maybe I am just totally missing something here, but do you not have a st8 -- only below someone holding KT? I don't understand who would be bluffing?

MrGrob
10-22-2003, 07:40 AM

rigoletto
10-22-2003, 11:11 AM
I would think that even weak players would bet a hand on the turn, so the turn check indicates a draw and a river bluff seems prudent.

tpir90036
10-22-2003, 12:00 PM
this is very similar to a T8o BB hand i posted in the small stakes forum. i like the check-raise on the flop. him checking the turn after 3-betting you is defintely odd and deserving of a river bet (even if you didn't hit the straight, in my hand i punked out on firing the 2nd barrel and lost.). it seemes like he is drawing...hopefully he wasn't drawing with KT.

slavic
10-22-2003, 10:13 PM
Player had QJ for top two on the flop.

I missread him pretty bad. He didn't seem in tune enough to get me to bluff on the river, or call a river bet with his turn check and on a coordinated board I think he has to bet the turn.

Heck on this table I think he has to raise pre-flop.

Oh well. My non nut rivered gutshot was good enough.

mikelow
10-22-2003, 11:30 PM
He played real bad. He didn't bet the turn--why? You would have folded, wouldn't you?

slavic
10-23-2003, 12:31 AM
Like a cheap suit