PDA

View Full Version : $25 party NL: yes. VS good players: NO

Al_Capone_Junior
10-22-2003, 12:05 AM
OK. This is pretty non-stupendous. But I think my point will be taken. Hopefully even well-taken.

BB with 64o. Four callers, SB folds, I check. I've been folding and checking, then folding for about four rounds, due to complete lack of cards. Even when I have seen a flop, I check and fold.

Flop Q 4 4 rainbow. I instantly check, to keep up the "normal" behavior I've been exhibiting. The button bets $3, about the pot. I "think" and call. (rest are out)

Turn is the 8s, making a two-flush. I again check. Button bets $6. I check-raise him for his remaining $9, making it $15 to go. He calls.

Jack of spades hits the river. He has queens and jacks and I take it with trip fours.

Now my point is that this is party micro-limit. I expect this kind of crap to work there, because it almost always does. But against any kind of players, it won't work. It's not really the way to play the hand. If I were to jump up to the $2-$4 blinds no limit, chances are the way I played this hand would win me only the flop bet by the queens, if even that. There are other ways to play this hand, and they should be strongly considered against any kind of reasonably intelligent opposition. Of course they won't be found in the micro-limits of party.

I should really stop cashing out so often so I can play the higher limits! Then maybe I could put my own "theories" to the test! But really, online poker is almost more entertainment than poker for me, I totally prefer to play for reasonable stakes live rather than online. I think I lose too much info playing online, which keeps the limits I play at lower than they would be live.

al