PDA

View Full Version : Has this forum changed me for the better?

Justaloser
10-21-2003, 11:26 PM
Low limit table, a bit on the loose/passive side.

I get 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif UTG. I limp. Yes, I know it's a bit questionable, but there were very few preflop raises (except for me).
Only UTG+1, CO and BB call.

Flop is 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB checks, I bet, UTG+1 calls, CO raises, BB folds, I 3 bet (right term?), UTG+1 folds, BB calls.

In the past, I would have either folded or gone into a shell, but since I've been reading the forums, I've learned there are a lot of hands that he might have been betting with other than a made flush.

Turn is 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet, he calls.

River is J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet, he folds and shows 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/spade.gif

pufferfish
10-21-2003, 11:45 PM
Has this forum changed me for the better?

Yes and yes!

I 3 bet (right term?)

I believe so.

In the past, I would have either folded or gone into a shell, but since I've been reading the forums, I've learned there are a lot of hands that he might have been betting with other than a made flush.

TPTK with the nut flush redraw is certainly not surprising.

I think well played.

TC,
pf

SoCalPat
10-22-2003, 12:48 AM
Very well played. I wish I could have played against you during your weak-tight days when you considered folding a flopped set vs. a three-flush on the flop. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

GuyOnTilt
10-22-2003, 01:10 AM
Both you and your opponent (I'm assuming it was the CO, not the BB) played your hands very well. If you would've considered folding the flop to a bet in the past, then this forum has definitely improved your game tremendously. Good hand.

Justaloser
10-22-2003, 08:17 AM
Both you and your opponent (I'm assuming it was the CO, not the BB) played your hands very well.

It was the CO, not the BB.

If you would've considered folding the flop to a bet in the past, then this forum has definitely improved your game tremendously.

I would have, but thanks to all the people in the forum (you, majorkong, joetall, and lil come to mind off the top of my head, but there are a lot who have given me input), I am able to look at a bigger picture.

Thanks

Mike Gallo
10-22-2003, 08:22 AM
Justaloser,

Good hand. Now you need to change you name to something that does not give a negative connotation /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

pokertronic
10-22-2003, 08:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Has this forum changed me for the better?

Yes and yes!

I 3 bet (right term?)

I believe so.

TPTK with the nut flush redraw is certainly not surprising.

I think well played.

TC,
pf

[/ QUOTE ]

welldone

Nottom
10-22-2003, 09:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I always find it strange that people are always trying to lay down sets on scary boards, but will happily call away with a flush draw in a similar situation. It's good to see someone learn not only that folding is by far the worst play here, but that they are most likely in the lead and should take control of the hand.

chesspain
10-22-2003, 10:33 AM
Out of curiousity, if a non-pairing /images/graemlins/spade.gif fell on the river, should the hero:

1) Check and fold?
2) Check and call?
3) Bet and call a raise?
4) Bet and fold to a raise?

Nottom
10-22-2003, 10:36 AM
I vote for 4.

edit: against a typical opponent this is my answer, obviously if you opponent is a habitual bluffer and would take a shot at a scary board like this without the flush that changes things.

Mike Gallo
10-22-2003, 10:39 AM
Bet and call a raise.

HUSKER'66
10-22-2003, 10:41 AM
Out of curiousity, if a non-pairing fell on the river, should the hero:

1) Check and fold?
2) Check and call?
3) Bet and call a raise?
4) Bet and fold to a raise?

my feeling: #4

Hero bet the flop, CO raised, hero three bet, CO just called. With actions like that CO is losing bets or doesn't have the flopped flush. Hero bet the turn when a /images/graemlins/heart.gif came and was just called. Even if a fourth spade fell on the river, I would bet/fold to a raise vs. the check and call option.

GuyOnTilt
10-22-2003, 11:39 AM
Honestly, with this action, I don't think there's too many hands here that would call my river bet that I could beat. Against most opponents I think I would check to induce a bluff and call. If my opponent were super super loose and passive and would call me without a flush, but wouldn't raise without the nuts or close to it, I might bet and fold to a raise.