PDA

View Full Version : Pocket aces folded..... good or bad???

Gomez22
10-21-2003, 11:22 PM
Paradise .50/1.00...... fairly loose table PF, but tight after.....

I'm on button with black aces.

UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, I raise, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds.

FLOP: 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG bets, UTG+1 calls, folded to me, I raise, UTG re raises, UTG+1 folds, I cap, UTG calls.

TURN: K /images/graemlins/heart.gif

checked to me, I bet, UTG raises, I folded.

This guy had been playing everything, but was major aggressive when he had a hand, and more passive(callling and folding) when he seemed not to. Never once saw him called down with a loser.

Did I make right play here?

BigEndian
10-21-2003, 11:29 PM
You post these just to goad me don't you? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

- Groove

me454555
10-21-2003, 11:31 PM
Good fold. You gotta figure UTG for at least 1 K possibly 2 pair on the flop. After the second K hits and he check raises, you can be fairly sure your drawing to 2 outs. When your getting only 13-1 on your call, its folding time.

Gomez22
10-21-2003, 11:34 PM
Not quite sure I understand.......

Yes, I can be real stupid and slow sometimes......

/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
No, I did NOT ride the short bus.......

BigEndian
10-21-2003, 11:39 PM
I've been the poster boy for big pairs for the past few days in about 10 different threads. This was probably a good fold. Though if you had spiked your A on the river by calling, I'm willing to bet the action would have been capped.

- Groove

SoCalPat
10-21-2003, 11:49 PM
Ugh. I feel your pain, bro.

I don't disagree with your fold on the turn here, but I disagree with how you played it. Given his aggression on the flop, he either has a big K, 77 or KJ.

So when the second K falls, betting probably isn't wise. If you're still ahead (highly unlikely), there aren't many draws out there to help him, so you're not afraid of checking and giving the free card. If you're behind, you're waaaaa-yyyyyy behind, and don't want to face a reraise.

At the same time, it's really tough to get away from AA at any time before the river. Had you checked, you could have seen the river and gotten a showdown for the same price, instead of folding and not seeing it.

Gomez22
10-21-2003, 11:54 PM
The only thought I had, well.... 2 actually.....

1. The same thing you said... I coulda check/called.

2. He coulda outplayed me with a jack.... kinda doubt it, but he coulda.

Gahnia radula
10-22-2003, 02:00 AM
I agree with solcatpat's post

given the aggresion you showed PF and on the flop, i seriously doubt hes checkraising a J.

Othere than that, I feel your pain especially when you have sat there being dealt crap after crap and when you finally get a hand it gets cracked, AA is REALY hard to lay down.

pokertronic
10-22-2003, 08:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, I raise, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds.

FLOP: 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG bets, UTG+1 calls, folded to me, I raise, UTG re raises, UTG+1 folds, I cap, UTG calls.

This guy had been playing everything, but was major aggressive when he had a hand, and more passive(callling and folding) when he seemed not to. Never once saw him called down with a loser.

[/ QUOTE ]

everyone else probably said the same thing, but yes, u should have called, regardless of him not having a loser (that has nothing to do with it really) he could probably has a K or maybe 2 pair, but you need to call this one down for sure

pokertronic
10-22-2003, 08:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

everyone else probably said the same thing, but yes, u should have called, regardless of him not having a loser (that has nothing to do with it really) he could probably has a K or maybe 2 pair, but you need to call this one down for sure

[/ QUOTE ]

my bad, i misread the post and didnt see the 2 kings, thought it was 1 king. duh
good fold.