PDA

View Full Version : FAQs with the real answers

08-27-2001, 07:33 PM
Q: Here are my results.(fill in blanks). Should I move up in limit?

RA: No. First of all, everyone knows those results are padded to make yourself look better. That's ok. The only people we believe anyway are the ones who never say a word about it. Second, you really don' t want to to know whether we think you should move. What you want is praise for your accomplishments. So don't move up. If you are actually ready to move up, you would already be there. See that table over a few feet?

Q: I have a lot of bad luck, should I quit?

RA: While we don't really think you are having bad luck and we actually think you have read some books and don't have a clue, we won't actually say that. We need losers to keep the games good. So we will say things about losing streaks and stuff like that. Its BS. Losing streaks happen, and happen to everybody that's a fact. We still don't believe that applies to you though. But don't worry it will turn around, just take a break, save up your tip money, read some more books, and come back. Please.

Q: What does a pro player make?

RA: Most pro players are actually on some sort of disability or pension. Or they have a wife that supports them. Or they sell real estate. What does that tell you? Second, your question says that you think you are going to be a pro player. You are not. What you are going to do is play and maybe win a bit of cash, get disillusioned and blow your wad at a strip joint. Ask toothpick.

Q:Is there anything I could have differently?

RA: This is just your bad beat story. We don't want to hear it. No, when you flop a straight and bet and raise everychance, there isn't you can do about some guy that goes runner runner flush with no other outs.

Q: Hand to talk about...

RA: We know you rigged the hand play to make yourself look better than you actually played. Your calling raises cold with a gutshot looks better when you change the board a bit, suddenly you have a flush draw as well. That's a good way to get the odds you need.

Q: Can you recommend a good poker book?

RA: Since you are on the twoplustwo site, why don't you try those? We are pretty sure you are not a plant.

Q: Question for Mason or Mighty Oz.

RA: Don't be too surprised if no one else responds. Including them.

Q: What's R.G.P ?

RA: It means Role playing game. Some former posters here post there and pretend they know what their talking about. Its fun. Mighty Oz loves it.

Q: Who's the best player in the world?

RA: Most of the name players you know just got lucky. Most authors don't make a nickel either. Poker is like that. Live with it.

Q: Should I call three cold with KJsuited?

RA: Yes.

08-29-2001, 04:10 AM
Very amusing. Hope there's a sequel.