PDA

View Full Version : First in w/ PP

brian0729
10-21-2003, 09:12 PM
I feel that I played this hand horribly. Feel free to flame away. Homer suggested a few weeks ago at the 2+2 table that you should raise first in from MP or later with most all pocket pairs. If you dont steal the blinds what is your course of action after the flop. Do you bet the flop to try and fold your opponents if you only have one or two. If that doesnt work do you check fold the turn if you still have callers. Here it is.

Party Poker 2/4 (9 handed)
Hero has 4d, 4c and is MP2

UTG folds, EP1 folds, MP1 folds, Hero raises, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds

Flop(7 SB): As, 9c, 3c

SB checks, Hero bets, Button folds, SB calls

Turn(4.5 BB): Td

SB checks, Hero bets, SB calls

River(6.5 BB): 3d

SB checks, Hero checks

SB had T7c for the win. I hated my turn bet but thought it was my last chance at the pot.

lil'
10-21-2003, 09:19 PM
What's the point of your raise? I think you must've misunderstood Homer's point.

brian0729
10-21-2003, 09:24 PM
I may have very well misunderstood. I thought he was saying that if no one has entered the pot at that point you should either raise or fold being first in. I should probably fold them in this position but if I choose to play how do I proceed?

lil'
10-21-2003, 09:32 PM
As far as the raise is concerned, you should be thinking about why you are doing it besides, "Homer told me to." /images/graemlins/grin.gif Unless the table is really tight and you think you can steal the blinds, it's not a good raise. You don't want to be out of postion when overcards flop and all you have is a pair of fours.

As far as the rest of the hand, I think you did fine.