PDA

View Full Version : Easy river bet or check it through? 8/16 Kill hand at Ocean's 11.

Joe Tall
10-21-2003, 03:11 PM
I was at Ocean's 11 all night on Saturday this weekend. It was a great table with a good mix of call stations and Loose-aggressives.

This is a 8/16 Kill hand, we are on a Kill 16/32.

The killer in this hand is the only other tight-smart player at the table and will fold his Kill blind to a proper players raise.

I have a very weak call station that just sat down on my immediate left and a weak-tight player on his left.

All fold to me on the Button w/K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and I open-riase. Call station in the SB, calls. BB folds, Killer folds.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, I bet, SB calls.

Turn: 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

He checks, I consider checking but I've seen many fold to the $32 turn bet, so I bet and the SB calls.

River: K /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks.

Do I have a bet here? Or should I just check it through and expect to see the SB's Ace take it down?

Comments, suggestions, criticisms, tall blondes' phone numbers, Patriots fans, are all welcome.

Results in and my action in a later post.

Thanks,
Joe Tall

ajizzle
10-21-2003, 03:22 PM
I know a chick named Jenny. She's a college chick (because I'm a college guy), but you can call her. 425-747-3621.

As for the the hand, I bet. I don't see many players not betting or raising a pair of A's when it's headup. At any rate, even if he does have an A (which I think is quite unliekly), he may still fold to a bet.

Manzanita
10-21-2003, 05:09 PM
Joe Tall,

Against most players I would normally check behind on the river in this situation. But since you described your sole opponent as a calling station I would bet on the end.

-- Manzanita

Bandorn
10-21-2003, 07:43 PM
ID bet it, against this type of player. He might have been holding for a straight draw or maybe he hit bottem pair. More than likely he called yuor bet and layed down a pair of 5s.

Eric P
10-21-2003, 08:01 PM
if this is the type that will call everything and raise when he has two-pair or better i think you cccan bet and fold. to a raise. If he might get cute you shouldn't bet cause you probably have to call, i would check and be happy i won more than the blinds with my steal, it will be hard to make back kill big bets as easily. I'd say check but maybe i'm just scared.

Diplomat
10-21-2003, 08:48 PM
I'm not sure what a weak-tight calling station is, but I know I don't want him to call a river bet here. Check.

-Diplomat

Depraved
10-21-2003, 09:29 PM
You label him a weak call station, and consider not betting the river??? If your read is accurate, you'll get called by worse hands more often than getting shown a winner.

You should bet for value here even though you might occasionally be behind; and IMO, it's not even a thin value bet. Remember that you were on a steal raise, and so he'll probably be even looser with his calldowns.

Diplomat
10-21-2003, 09:50 PM
If he is a loose calling station, maybe.

If he is weak-tight, not a chance. What hand would a weak-tight call this river bet with that you can beat?

-Diplomat

Depraved
10-21-2003, 10:28 PM

Depraved
10-22-2003, 03:12 AM
This is true.

[ QUOTE ]
I have a very weak call station that just sat down on my immediate left

[/ QUOTE ]

That's all I have to work with.

Joe Tall
10-22-2003, 05:20 AM
I bet and the SB called w/A6o and took it down.

Later on in the session, I saw this player call any preflop hand w/any-Ace. If I knew this in this hand, I should have checked.

Thank you so much for your responses,
JT

Diplomat
10-22-2003, 08:38 AM
I think I must have been drunk when I posted this. I somehow combined both blind players to get a weak-tight calling station. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Diplomat