PDA

View Full Version : TEXAS_YEE HAW II

HUSKER'66
10-21-2003, 11:08 AM
This is the continuation of the wager between thomastem and myself. To continue with the futher education of all that is Texas, I thought that I would cover some of the unique language that can only be described as........well, Texan! Many visitors to our fine state sometimes find themselves confused, I hope that this helps.

If a Texan asks you to ,"name your poison", or "cut one from the herd", he's actually asking you to make a choice about something.

If a Texan tell you "your reading my mail", he's actually saying that your thinking alike.

If a Texan tells you "to cut the quick" or "shell down the corn", he's actually saying that you need to get to the point of the matter and quit beating around the bush.

If a Texan tell you "you're carrying my brand on that", he's actually saying that it's mine....lock ,stock,and barrel.

If a Texan tells you that "he's fixin to scatter the riders", he's actually getting ready to tell ya what to do.

If a Texan tell you "you're burning daylight", he's actually saying that your wasting time.

If a Texan tells you "you've done got your tail over the fence", he's actually saying there is no use talking until you "cool down".

If a Texan tells you that he's "poor boying it", it means that he's working on little cash.

If a Texan tells you that he's "high in cotton" or "running with the big dogs". he's telling you things couldn't get better.

If a Texan asks you"got four bits for a buck/", he's actually saying "trade you fifty cents for a dollar".

If a Texan asks you"you want some supper/", he's actually asking you to lunch.

If a Texan asks you "you want some "meadow muffins"?", he's actually asking if you want some cow "patties"(you get to figure out what cow patties are)

If a Texan tells you "he's plowing new ground", he's actually saying he's found something new to do.

If a Texan is looking for his "choke strap", don't panic, he's just looking for his tie.

So if a Texan moseys up to you wearing a choke strap, and tells you to quit burning daylight and go have some supper with him; make sure they don't have meadow muffins on the menu. After a good meal, both of you will be in high cotton and running with the big dogs in no time.

hutz
10-21-2003, 12:42 PM
If anyone tries to say that Texas isn't a great place in which to live, well "that dog won't hunt!"

HUSKER'66
10-21-2003, 12:52 PM
Heard dat! Now your "reading my mail"....but I should expect nothing less from a fellow TEXAN. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

thomastem
10-21-2003, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If anyone tries to say that Texas isn't a great place in which to live, well "that dog won't hunt!"

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as my Pelican can hunt my buzzard has time to poke people.