PDA

View Full Version : Party pot size averages

TheRake
10-21-2003, 09:27 AM
Played in a 1/2 party game last night. By the pot size average in the lobby I thought I was joining a nice calm calling station game. To my suprise there were at least 2 maybe 3 maniacs at the table. Every single hand was raised pre flop and many were capped. I have noticed that many times the game is much different than the pot size average would indicate. anyone know the period of time Party uses to average the pots? 1 hour? 1 day? 1 year? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

BTW I did very well against the maniacs. I had AA (2 times), KK (1), QQ (1), & JJ (3)...all within the 1st hour...I fit in very nicely with the maniacs and finished the session +52bb /images/graemlins/grin.gif

huzitup2
10-21-2003, 12:05 PM
I hate starting answers with "I think" - at least I think I hate doing it. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I THINK they update avg. pot size every ROUND !

This is what I was told; it also explains the 1-2 game that had an avg. pot of TWENTY-SEVEN DOLLARS.

The previous pot had been $100.50.

That is NOT a typo - my best friend won it with quads vs. 2 full houses and 2 flushes

banditbdl
10-21-2003, 12:28 PM
27 dollars isn't even that high, I played in a nice 1/2 Party game where the avg. pot size stayed around 35 for about 45 minutes.