PDA

View Full Version : brad and i are scared

Ray Zee
10-21-2003, 12:34 AM
went to the bank today and each window had a sign on it.

said--according to the patriot act all transactions will be required to show identification.

the govt. is definetly using it to expand powers it shouldnt have.

adios
10-21-2003, 01:56 AM
Is this the result of new govt edict of some sort? Haven't seen anything like it at my bank.

brad
10-21-2003, 04:56 AM
lots of so called patriot act passed after 911 went into efffect oct 1, i think.

after next major loss of life a la project northwoods its all over. /images/graemlins/smile.gif turns out freedom wasnt such a good idea after all.

brad
10-21-2003, 05:10 AM
some places (libtary, bookstore) are prohibited from ttelling u about their big brother stuff.

wait until millions r on red list and cant fly thatll be fun.

but wait! there's a solution! perfect id 4 all! implantable microchip! yea!

adios
10-21-2003, 11:40 AM
Deposited a check for $5000 with the entire amount going into my account and I wasn't asked for any ID at all. Believe me I'm not defending the Patriot Act but apparently either my bank is screwing up, your bank is over zealous, your bank has misintrepreted the law, or your transactions are much bigger than mine (a definite possibility) and the law kicks because of that. At least that's my take.

Cyrus
10-21-2003, 12:54 PM
that's long overdue as a blues song title.

ripdog
10-21-2003, 01:32 PM
My wife and I went to our bank, withdrew $3000 in cash and changed the address on the account and weren't asked for ID. You ought to feel lucky that your bank and Mr. Ashcroft are looking after you so well. Unless maybe you feel like you've got something to hide...

Timer
10-21-2003, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
went to the bank today and each window had a sign on it.

said--according to the patriot act all transactions will be required to show identification.

the govt. is definetly using it to expand powers it shouldnt have.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this says something about Montana. Uni-bomber et al. Lots of whacko nuts in Montana. I played poker with a bunch of them back in the 70s. The place is just plain weird. I fit right in.

David Steele
10-21-2003, 05:18 PM
One thing I don't understand is how a bank can do much without having ID. I mean how can they access an account or cash a check? If it is your own bank, they even have your Signiture on file and often they will verify that.

I suppose there might be some cash transactions that you previously didn't have to show ID for.

What exactly are the requiring to be shown?
D.

Ray Zee
10-21-2003, 06:57 PM
the bank didnt ask me just the sign was up there in front of every stinkin window. but this may be a harbinger of things to come. i would expect a bank to ask for id if it needs to. but the legislation about the patriot act is downright scary.

brad
10-21-2003, 09:30 PM
i'll tell u right now its gonna be id at every transaction (theyve proposed for all buying and selling, btw, have to show id) , then thumbprint for every bank transaction, then finally the implantable microchip will be required.

just wait and see.