PDA

View Full Version : K-A

kingstalker
10-20-2003, 08:54 PM
Today I had at Partypoker K-A, I rasied to four on the button and had one caller, flop comes down 6-A-2, My opponet checked and I rasied to four, I then got check rasied for 9 dollars, I called, and then on the turn he went all in, I eventually made three of a kind aces on the river but my opponet had 6-6 and made a full house, after geting check rasied should of I just layed down this hand, I lost eventually 25 on this pot.

Acesover8s
10-20-2003, 09:38 PM
Based on the probable stack sizes here it is very hard to get away from this hand, as he could be fooling around with a hand weaker than yours, or you could have a number of outs against a hand like A2.

However, one thing I try to think back to (paraphrasing Ciaffone) is, if you have diagrammed AK by raising before the flop, caught one of your beloved pair, diagram AK again by betting, if after all of this your opponent does not seem afraid, you are either looking at a doomed hand or a dumb opponent.

P.S. It is always AK, if you say or write KA, I get a rash.

kingstalker
10-20-2003, 09:57 PM
Sorry about your rash! I think I should of folded now that I look back on it, this was a dumb oppnet, he won 30 on that pot and went to 60 but then lost it all within 30 minutes.

gliam
10-20-2003, 10:20 PM
several months ago I was looking through my poker tracker stats, and I found that a big loss of money was getting out-flopped when I hit TPTK with AK. Now I will bet about the pot and usually fold to a raise, especially a check-raise (unless I have a good read) and almost always to an all-in raise. AK has become a much more profitable hand at $50 and $100 buy-in NL games since.