PDA

View Full Version : PLO/8 marginal call.

Acesover8s
10-20-2003, 07:11 PM
Wacky Party .25-.50 game. I'm on the button with Ad3dQsKs. 5 limpers, I limp, blinds come. Pot is 4.00

Flop is 568 with two diamonds. Blinds check, next player pots it. Three player between calls, so I call. Blinds fold, pot is $24. I have 20$ left.

Turn is an offsuit J. Same player pots it all in, two players call both with 30$ more behind. Call or fold? Would you have played the flop differently?

tewall
10-20-2003, 07:38 PM
You should raise the flop. Since you're going to call the turn anyway, you might as well get your money in where the odds are more in your favor. This may get more money for you when your draws come through. You don't have to worry about knocking anyone out.

I ran some sims on twodimes, and your hand is very strong (on the flop), even stronger than I thought.

crockpot
10-20-2003, 08:07 PM
i think if you fold on the turn, you have played the hand perfectly.

if you still had plenty of money to bet on the river, a call could be reasonable. here, you have 7 outs to the high half the pot and perhaps two live ones to the low, so you are out of there.

a better question is how you play the flop if you change your 3 to a 2. now i want to get plenty of money in on the flop, but will i lose the callers if i pot it right away?