PDA

View Full Version : FLOOR....ruling please.....

Schmed
10-20-2003, 06:52 PM
I have pocket a's, raise preflop, bet on the flop, as the turn is being rolled I get called for my 6-12 table. I tell the dealer, 'tell him I want that seat', while motioning over my shoulder. She basically ignores me and rolls the river...I tell her, 'wait wait wait..I want to bet', she says I motioned, so that meant I checked. Then I said admittedly a little aggravated, "I didn't motion, I pointed over my shoulder". She said no you motioned and that's a check. I say fine, then she says no it's not fine I'm calling the floor. I say call the floor. Before the floor gets over there she says....showtime.. and the guy utg shows his hand, (I didn't see it and it didnt matter)...I said no one checked, I am betting the river...she said no it was checked around and it's showtime......the floor finally got over there and said....she explained her side...I explained my side...he asked the players involved if they had checked and they said they did....(they lied)... I said but I never checked....... he ruled that it was checked around so we had to show our hands........ I took down the at least 4 BB light pot as both guys had top pair on the board......

What further recourse do I have??

Dynasty
10-20-2003, 07:17 PM
You should bet your hand. You were able to make time to reserve a seat at another table, get upset, argue with the dealer, ask for a floor person to come over, accuse other people of lying, and who knows what else that you didn't tell us.

The dealer had time to put the turn card down, get checks from two players, a "motion" from you, burned, put down the river card, and presumably more time elapsed while you were waiting for the floor person.

So, in all this time while you and the dealer are doing so much, how come you couldn't slide a few chips into the pot?

Schmed
10-20-2003, 07:25 PM
I actually had a bet out there when I said I bet I put a bet out there......

It all happened really fast...I only accuse them of lying now...I didn't do it then..... they wanted to see my hand for free.....that was the bottom line....

Dynasty
10-20-2003, 08:18 PM
After the turn got checked through for whatever reason, it's your fault the river got checked through. There is no way that can happen if you are paying attention to what's happening. You should have had the chips in hand and put them out there as soon as the player on your right acted.

Schmed
10-20-2003, 10:02 PM
I was paying attention. Nobody acted. She just announced showtime. I had a bet on the board from when I initially said, 'no check I bet'. There was a bet on the board.

Honestly, it wasn't like I wasn't paying attention. I told the lady I want that seat. I had my name on that list when I got there but there was a 4-8 seat open so I sat down. I wasn't talking to the floorman. The dealers have a two way set up with the floor and all she has to do is say 'he'll take it', just like every other dealer would have.

Clearly I'm not doing a very good job of explaining it. I would like to be able to accept some of the responsibility for it but I can not. I was paying very much attention to the game I was watching the person who was acted before me because the board paired 3's and he was playing all kinds of garbage so I was trying to pay attention to what he was doing, wondering if he was anxious.

The dealer was so in the wrong here. She rushed it through and suddenly annouced it was showtime. It was almost as if she was pissed that I told her she made a mistake.

I understand how it's hard for you to believe that there was no way I could get a bet out....then again I had a bet out.......guess ya had to be there......

Nottom
10-20-2003, 11:53 PM
The biggest problem I have with the hand is that the floorman is called for after the turn, but then she rushes the river through while the floor is on the way.

thetman
10-21-2003, 12:47 AM
My guess is the floor and dealer don't like you. You're probably one of those players that whines all night and abuses the dealers.

Schmed
10-21-2003, 08:28 AM
but thanks for playing.........

slamdunkpro
10-21-2003, 08:48 AM
Agreed, I thought that once the floor was called all action was supposed to stop.

Greg (FossilMan)
10-21-2003, 02:56 PM
Having read all the posts up til now, and assuming everything you said is accurate, the only reasonable explanation is that the dealer was either trying to harm you, or is just really bad. I would inform her, politely, that you felt she was trying to disadvantage you in that hand, and that you will therefore no longer tip her until she has shown that either you were mistaken or that she has rehabilitated herself. Of course, if this is a room where they pool tips, this tact won't have much impact.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

msk
10-21-2003, 04:04 PM
Similar happened to me in No Calif, I was visiting on a business trip a few years ago. (After I check raised, [the other guy had bet], the dealer told me I had never checked in the first place, and we had to start over. Floor agreed)

Floor and dealer were both obvious friends of the guy I had checkraised. I took my winnings and played somewhere else the next night.

Mark

Schmed
10-21-2003, 05:33 PM
thanks...I do think they pool tips but I have told her that I will never tip her again because of that.

Everything that I said was accurate. I don't think she was out to get me but I do think she is very bad.

I really didn't post this as a poor me kind of thing but more along the lines of finding out how that should have been dealt with and how would it have been dealt with in the different card rooms.

She's notorious for rushing when she deals. I have a friend who she screwed because she rushed through the hand and refused to acknowledge her mistake.

I am not one of these people that give the dealers any grief. This is the first time I have ever lodged a complaint.

Thanks to all that responded.