PDA

View Full Version : A Long Way For a Bluff - PLO

Graham
10-20-2003, 02:26 PM
I think I'm starting to enjoy bluffing in PLO a lot more...better watch out...

Online Party $1/2 blinds PLO.

I'm dealt 8c8s3s3d in the BB.

3 limpers, SB min-raises to $4, I call the $2 as do limpers

Flop: 6s9hTs. Hmmn, I have blockers of 8's and spades. SB checks, 3 players to worry about before picking this up. I pot it for $19 (my stack $280). Semi-loose button calls ($390) and the (unknown) BB finally calls (stack $186), but he hemms, haws and delays a wee bit. I sense he's not too keen. Dunno about the button, but I likely can pry him loose on the turn if it's not scary. He's one of the let's-call-the-flop-to-see-if-I-can-pick-something-up types. Not thrilled at all by 2 callers, but...

Turn: the totally innocuous 2c. BB checks, so I of course pot it for $74. Gotta keep my regular style up, you know..."I really do have 78 mister". Button folds, BB calls, but again didn't rush those chips into the pot. Damn; wanted the fold then. This and his preflop raise, I put him on a likely not so great draw - maybe a bare flush, or something like AQJx. I've seen enough in the game to know that 78 would have popped it well before now.

River: a nice looking 4c. Check, I bet $150 into the $220 pot.

Comments?

G

bugstud
10-20-2003, 04:57 PM
I like it, but whenever I try it they checkraise allin on the river.

Acesover8s
10-20-2003, 05:18 PM
Played it fine, although I don't think you need to bet so much on the river. I have attempted to reduce the size of my riverbets in this game, hopefully allowing me to lose less on those times when they are slowplaying me and pickup a few more calls on those times when they hold the second nut.

Kevin J
10-20-2003, 06:06 PM
Hmm. I'm new to this game so it could be that I don't know what I'm talking about, but I DON'T like it...

I admire your tenacity, but you risked too much money, too many times, against too many obvious playing opponents. IMO-

Also, those draws are gonna get there enough times. Now what? You'd feel pretty silly checking the flush card only to lose to top set, a str8, or a higher pair (you know you've got two of the eights blocked, but someone holding QJ probably doesn't).