PDA

View Full Version : TEXAS_YEE HAW!

HUSKER'66
10-20-2003, 01:54 PM
Let the education begin!!! Per my wager with the animal keeper thomastem, I have agreed to help all you "foreigners" with the in/outs of my adopted state, TEXAS. I put a little thought into this over the weekend, and I figure that just a few facts as to why TEXAS is such a great state would be a good place to start. Just a few facts:

1)The state capital in Austin stands largest of all the state capitals (we like big things )

2)Texas has more counties (254) that any other state in the union. Out of these, 41 are each larger that the state of Rhode Island. (back to the whole big thing catagory)

3)Of the nations ten largest cities, three are here in TEXAS (Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio)

4)Texas is the nation's leading producer of oil(pesky Opec), natural gas (let's not go there), beef (Longhorn central), sheep (formed a mass exodus and migrated from the slow running farmers up North), goats (we have no association with the curse of the Cubs), wool, cotton, rice...and , oh yes watermelons.

5)Today. approximately 18 million people live in Texas, only slightly outnumbering our 15 million head of cattle.

6)The land area of Texas is larger than all of New England, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Illinois COMBINED. It extends over 800 miles from north to south and 773 miles from east to west. (told yall we were BIG )

7)The Dallas/Fort Worth airport is larger than New York's Manhattan island.

This is just a start to the ins and outs to the state of Texas....the next challenge coming soon: how to talk Texan

thomastem
10-20-2003, 02:13 PM
Where did the string ties come from?

HUSKER'66
10-20-2003, 03:59 PM
We use them to choke the living snot out of pesky varmits. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

rigoletto
10-21-2003, 08:00 AM
Just want to ad what a measly Dane knows about Texas:

Stevie Ray Vaughn was a Texan and one of the all time great guitarists in this world.

A Texan virgin is a girl that can outrun her brother (I heard this many years ago when I was young and innocent, what an eyeopener).

Bobby Ewing is to much of a wimp for Victoria Principal.

Barry
10-21-2003, 11:51 AM
LOL

That reminds me of the joke about the hillbilly that killed his wife on their honeymoon when he found out she was a virgin.

When he came home he told his ‘pa “If she weren’t good enuf fer her family, she ain’t good enuf fer our’s”