PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with a pot committed opponent on the river!

JP789
10-20-2003, 11:42 AM
I play a lot of pot limit poker online and I find that the following situation comes up often. On the river after being the aggressor against a lone opponent on the flop and turn or preflop as well I often find that he is pot committed or very close to it. As an example I have raised all the way from late position with KK and the board has been all lower cards and the river makes runner runner flush or str8 with one player calling all the way. Knowing most of the opposition I'm pretty sure I'm not against a set or two pair. If he has only about $20-40 left in a $120 pot and I was going to call his river bet anyway I have found its better to go ahead and bet anyway regardless of whether or not you have position on him. Other examples would be rivering a 2nd small pair or hitting the bottom end of a four str8 on board being the aggressor against the same sort of opponents stack at the river. I appologize for any rambling but does anyone find themselves in such situations would care to share thoughts on this?

Thanx, JP