PDA

View Full Version : Going to war heads up

Brian
10-20-2003, 11:39 AM
Party 3/6 table. The player in question is very aggressive and has gone to war with me several times so far in a heads up position. He's lost 3/3 or 4/4, and we split once when we both had AK. We're both playing multiple tables and table hopping and he's always at at least 1, sometimes 2, of my tables.

To give you an example of this guys play, I had KK once on the button and open raised. The SB folded and he, on the BB, re-raised. I capped. Flop was QQx, he check-raised me and I 3 bet him. He called. Turn was a blank, and he check-raised me again. I called him down to the River and he had A9o unimproved.

So here's the hand. Dealt A /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif on the BB. Folded to him and he raises. I re-raise, he calls.

Flop: 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

He checks, I bet, he calls.

Turn: Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif

He checks and I check it through, hoping to induce him to bluff the River unimproved and also fear fearing a check-raise semi-bluff or complete bluff that I'll have to call down.

River: J /images/graemlins/spade.gif

He checks, I bet, he raises, I call. Results to follow.

-Brian

lil'
10-20-2003, 12:17 PM
I like it. It's nice to have position on him, isn't it?

Louie Landale
10-20-2003, 01:32 PM
Looks like there may be a point here. What is it?

- Louie

Brian
10-20-2003, 01:33 PM
Yessuh, I lika tha position. However, he has T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and wins.

-Brian

Brian
10-20-2003, 01:36 PM
Na, no point really... Just because it seems routine to you doesn't mean its easy for us newbies /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif

-Brian