PDA

View Full Version : plo8 quiz on my website

crockpot
10-20-2003, 12:49 AM
note: i am not posting this to attract people to my affiliate site. in fact, i strongly urge people who do not already have accounts at all sites not to visit my website, lest they accidentally click an affiliate banner there.

that said, i added a plo8 quiz essay to my website's essays on online poker section, since there has been demand for an instructional guide to the game from me. i'm looking for feedback on it from any experienced players or newbies. hopefully i'll add more quizzes in the future for postflop play and other aspects.

thanks in advice for any comments. i think good writing on this game is really lacking, so i'm hoping to change that.

bugstud
10-20-2003, 02:21 AM
On hands like 2356, I think those are very playable in loose preflop games that have people willing to get their whole stack quartered. Getting that A4 flop against AA and a bare 23 for your 2356 is a wonderful feeling. Just my limited experience, however.

crockpot
10-20-2003, 02:32 AM
http://www.twodimes.net/poker/?g=o8&b=Ac+4d+9s&d=&h=2c+3d+5h+6s%0D%0A2d+3c+9h+Ts %0D%0AAh+As+Qd+Jc

to your credit, your chances do improve substantially when you flop A4x with x being a low card, but how often are you going to get that?

bugstud
10-20-2003, 03:47 AM
well, flopping the wrap with a 47 works just as well, but the point of plo8 is to freeroll on people's stacks, and 3 wheel+6/7 often provide such a chance. I'm not saying to dump 1/2 your stack in preflop, but mucking these in MP in passive preflop games are giving up quite a bit of value, IMO. Do I like Aww6/7 better? Of course.

crockpot
10-20-2003, 09:15 AM
true. maybe the next essay will deal with positional adjustments preflop. one problem with the hand is that it is an automatic fold if somenone raises. what you really want is a game that's passive preflop and aggressive postflop, a rare combination.