PDA

View Full Version : 45s...anyone 3-bet?

ropey
10-19-2003, 10:27 PM
You are sitting at a passive table...tight player open raises (most likely with two big cards)...you are next to act with 45s...does anyone 3-bet here?

Note: 3-bet has 99% chance of getting it heads up.

-ropey

lil'
10-19-2003, 10:32 PM
You must really be itching to get this guy. Did he run over your dog? I think you'll agree that you can find 2 better cards to take him on with than a 4 and a 5.

Mike Haven
10-19-2003, 10:47 PM
I wouldn't call.

However, if you mean you think you can win against this particular player if you flop a 5xx then there is little point in looking at your cards before 3-betting.

Bob T.
10-19-2003, 10:55 PM
I don't like the idea of taking on a tight player who raised with 45s. I don't like the idea of taking on a maniac with 45s.

If my opponent flashed his hand while picking it up, and I know that he was weak tight, and I knew that he had two big cards, and I knew what they where, I would three bet.

ropey
10-19-2003, 10:56 PM
Let me phrase this a different way...

What kind of a hand would it take for you to go heads up with an opponent that you KNEW had AK? Suppose his cards were face up.

-ropey

ElSapo
10-19-2003, 11:01 PM
Why do I want to go heads-up with anyone with 45s? If you told me everyone else will call, -then- we can talk.

ElSapo
10-19-2003, 11:02 PM
He has a face up AK? I call with a pair. Which, if I recall the original post, 45s is not.

Edit - If he's playing AK face up, then I suppose you could make an argument for calling with any two cards.

ropey
10-19-2003, 11:09 PM
You hit on the point I am trying to make...or ask rather.

If you knew there was an X % chance that your tight opponent raised with two big cards, as opposed to a pair...would you take him heads up?

If there was a 30% chance he had a pair, what kind of a hand would it take for you to go heads up with him?

20%...?

-ropey

Bob T.
10-19-2003, 11:32 PM
If he doesn't have a pair, I am still behind all of his likely hands. Almost any chance of having a pair makes this a tough spot to be in, additionally, there aren't that many flops where my opponent is going to be incorrect in calling further bets. I need to know that he will fold if he misses, and that there is close to 100% chance that he doesn't have a pair.

If I can eek out a profit by playing here, it probably isn't very large, and with no volatility, I can throw my hand away.