PDA

View Full Version : Tough JJ

Riverman
10-19-2003, 02:00 PM
Pot Limit holdem, 10-15 blinds. I have about 2000, my opponent has me covered. He raises two limpers to 40, and I call in LP with JJ. 4 to the flop, which comes 9 7 3 with 2 spades (I have none). He checks, which is odd because I know he would bet with AA or KK. So in my mind, the only hand he could have raised with and then checked is QQ or 99, but this player would not have raised 99 preflop. Anyway, I bet the pot (185), all fold to the original raiser who calls. Turn is an offsuit 4, and he checks. What is my move?

C M Burns
10-19-2003, 06:04 PM
I think a rr makes sense to me. He probably is either slowplaying AA or trips, which is prob a mistake or has a flush draw w/ AKs. If you rr and he goes over the top i would think u are beat, if you check you give him a free card. At least this makes sense to me.

tewall
10-19-2003, 07:07 PM
I think you check behind, especially since you think he's ahead of you. Check behind on the river too. If he bets, you have to make a decision if he's bluffing. You seem to know how this guy plays pretty well, so you ought to be able to make a good choice.